Brand new here. Quick history. Age39, former Marine infantry, currently a professional firefighter. Strength and conditioning lifestyle for about 25 years now. I've been doing kettlebells for about 10 years. I started BtGB about 2 months ago and love it. My first question(s) is about when to progress to next step/exercise. I've searched the forum, but I still have a little confusion. For the static holds, do I progress when I can hold a static exercise for 30 or sixty seconds non-stop? For the dynamic strength exercises, if I can do 3x3 do I continue that for a steady state cycle for a few weeks, or work my way to 5x5 then do that for a SSC? In the book it doesn't mention German hangs as a prerequisite before beginning front lever progressions, but I believe I read that you need to on the forum. Should I stop working the front lever tucks until I can do german hangs for 30 or 60 seconds? I can do front lever tucks for sets of 20-30 seconds on those now. As I read it, I should be starting with the easy exercises, then progress through each one in the order shown in the book, is that correct? At this point I am working through step one on: front lever tucks, back lever tucks, frog stands, L-sit tucks, straddle tucks. On step two for PPPups, elevated XR rows, single bar dips, regular pull-ups. Still doing kettlebells for conditioning on non BtGB days.
Thank you for your any input.