This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Lex's Workout Log

Started by lex4158, January 10, 2011 · 47 Replies · 2,808 Views

lex4158

60s Planche-frog stand

60s handstand against the wall

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Front Lever-tuck

60s L sit PB

3x5 pushups xr

3x5 Pull ups L

3x5 v-ups

3x5 deck squats

lex4158

Cardio day

10 min stairstepper

10 min treadmill (.9 miles)

10 min jump rope

lex4158

workout

60s Planche-frog stand

2 30 second handstands against the wall

60s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

60s Front Lever-tuck

60s L sit PB

3x5 Rows Xr

3x5 Windshield wipers – supine

3x5 dips (can do about 3 w/ legs in L now)

3x5 SLS- graduated

lex4158

2-12-2011 Cardio day

10 min stair stepper

10 min treadmill (.9 miles total)

10 min jumprope

2-13-2011

60s Planche-frog stand

60s handstand against the wall

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Front Lever-tuck

60s L sit PB

3x5 pushups xr

3x5 Pull ups L

3x5 v-ups

3x5 deck squats

lex4158

2-15-2011

Cardio

10 min stairsepper

10 min treadmill

10 min jump rope

2-17-2011

60s Planche-frog stand

2 30 second handstands against the wall (plus additional hs work)

60s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

60s Front Lever-tuck

60s L sit PB

3x5 Rows Xr

3x5 Windshield wipers – supine

3x5 pushups Xr

3x5 SLS- graduated

lex4158

Cardio

10 min stair stepper

10 min treadmill (.9 miles total)

10 min arm pedal machine (not sure what it's officially called)

lex4158

2-20-2011

60s Planche-frog stand

60s handstand against the wall (plus handstand work)

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Front Lever-tuck

60s L sit PB

3x5 Dips L (progressing in these)

3x5 Pull ups L

3x5 Weighted leg raises (15lb)

3x5 deck squats

3x5 3x5 Lower Back/hamstrings Curl Ups (25lb)

lex4158

2-22-2011

Cardio

10 min treadmill (.9 miles total)

10 min row

10 min stairstepper

lex4158

2-23-2011

60s Planche-frog stand

60s handstand against the wall

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Front Lever-tuck

60s L sit PB

3x5 pushups xr

3x5 Pull ups L

3x5 v-ups

3x5 sls graduated

lex4158

2-25-2011

Cardio

1.5 miles treadmill (19 mins)

11 mins stair stepper

(low intensity)

2-27-2011

Scaled down regular workout (I am scaling this one and the next due to feeling a little overworked after the last workout.)

30s Planche-frog stand

30s handstand against the wall (plus handstand work)

30s arch hold in the superman flying position

30s Front Lever-tuck

30s L sit PB

30s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

1x5 Dips L

1x5 Chin ups L

1x5 V-ups

1x5 deck squats

lex4158

2-28-2011

Light Cardio

15 min stairstepper

5 min arm bycyle

10 min treadmill (.7 miles total) uphill

lex4158

3-2-2011

For the last 4 weeks of running these progressions I will do the warmup by performing 6 sets of 10 secs. I feel strength gains especially in the warm up exercises.

Today's workout was scaled down a little. The next three will be back to normal.

60s Planche-frog stand

60s handstand against the wall (plus handstand work)

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Front Lever-tuck

60s L sit PB

60s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

2x5 pushups xr

2x5 rows xr

2x5 v ups

2x5 sls graduated

lex4158

3-3-2011

Cardio

15 min treadmill (light)

15 min stairstepper (light)

lex4158

workout

Now that I have scaled the past 2 workouts I am going to do the next three full power.

3-5-2011

60s Planche-frog stand

60s handstand against the wall (plus handstand work)

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Front Lever-tuck

60s L sit PB

60s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

3x5 Dips (didnt have access to gym so I used 2 chairs, worked decently well)

3x5 Pull ups

3x5 v-ups

3x5 deck squats

Felt great.

lex4158

3-6-2011

Cardio

20 min elliptical

10 min jump rope

lex4158

Unfortunately I caught a little virus a few days ago. I am now fully recovered but today's workout was scaled as I do not want to push myself after illness.

30s Planche-frog stand

30s handstand against the wall (plus handstand work)

30s arch hold in the superman flying position

30s Front Lever-tuck

30s L sit PB

30s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

1x5 pushups xr

1x5 rows xr

1x5 v ups

1x5 sls graduated

lex4158

cardio

10 min treadmill

10 min row

10 min stairstepper

lex4158

I'm still battling some kind of virus.

One day I'll feel fine the next I will feel fatgiued, sore throat, runny nose, etc. It's wierd, I had the flu in late Dec/ early Jan. and it seems to have come back around 3-4 times.

I went to the doctor today and she said the only way to know for sure if it is a virus is to get blood work. She believes I keep catching colds, which I don't think is the case as I rarely ever get sick more than once a year.

workout today

30s Planche-frog stand

30s handstand against the wall (plus handstand work)

30s arch hold in the superman flying position

30s Front Lever-tuck

30s L sit PB

30s perfect hollow hold with hands over your head

2x5 dips

2x5 wide grip pull ups

2x5 weighted leg raise

2x5 deck squats

lex4158

Cardio (light)

15 min jog

15 min stairstepper

swarovski

good that you're keeping up with your program.

why not working your holds to a 60s aggregate time now? (ok, once your cold/virus has gone)

why not replacing FL with german hang?

why not replacing Planche with plank and reverse plank?

I'll also plan to throw in XR plank support before planche.

prerequisites also says to work towards a 60s chin hang and PB support.

lex4158
swarovski said:
good that you're keeping up with your program.

why not working your holds to a 60s aggregate time now? (ok, once your cold/virus has gone)

why not replacing FL with german hang?

why not replacing Planche with plank and reverse plank?

I'll also plan to throw in XR plank support before planche.

prerequisites also says to work towards a 60s chin hang and PB support.

Thanks man. What do you mean by 60's aggregate? I am currently doing 6 sets of 10 secs each. Does 60's aggregate mean a whole one set of 60 seconds?

I am about 90% recovered right now, and I am going to keep doing this past workout for another 3 weeks and then progress to the next movements. (as described in the book).

Can you give me some pointers on XR plank support?

lex4158

3-18-2011

60s Planche-frog stand

60s handstand against the wall (plus handstand work)

60s arch hold in the superman flying position

60s Front Lever-tuck

60s L sit PB

60s Chin grip dead hang

3x5 pushups xr

3x5 rows xr

3x5 v ups

3x5 sls graduated

swarovski

no worries, glad to be of help.

XR plank support is the link between PB and XR support.

XR plank support is simply holding the pushup starting position on rings with possibly feet elevated.

6 series of 10sec hold are exactly what I meant for 60sec aggregate time. Many of your logs were at 30sec though. Your hold should be half of your max, so test your max every week or other week to adjust accordingly your sets number and hold times to a 60sec aggregate. 3*20 or 2*30 will make your workout quicker as well.

unfortunately many begginer's steps were left out of the book.

As far as I know 'till you get a solid 3*30sec floor L-sit you're gonna be unable to progress on planche, just like the same with GH (german hang) for BL. So better to postpone some intense statics like PL BL FL to avoid strain on tendons but build a solid, injury free, foundation.

As an example I can perform muscleups now, but I still don't have those prerequisites to start training PL BL or FL.

Remember to perform a 360 pull in and out of GH accordingly to your level (tuck for now, pike later on).