New video, PL vid p. 3

Started by Razz, December 30, 2010 · 42 Replies · 7,155 Views

Kyle Courville
Razz said:
Thanks Kyle :D

Rings I started 3 years and 2 months ago, but in between I had a shoulder injury+operation which took me about 1½ year to recover from :) Gymnastics (Handstands, tumbling and some trampoline) I've been doing most of my life (I'm 19 now) so I guess I had a head start although my strength wasn't something to talk about at all.

One day I hope to match your skill on rings; even if it takes 50 years. :D

sasquatch

Great job Razz! I wish I could practice with my rings more often, it's always too cold and windy outside. I did find a gym I could go to, but they just ended their adult classes. Pain in the butt man.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
Razz said:
oBGATDmUSSI

New video including my first ever maltese, with a spot of course :D

Mistakes I already know:

I don't need to run more than 3-4 steps for double front

Round off is on the side and I don't get my feet properly under my body.

I suck at keeping a proper false grip on rings elements.

I have to try and look beautiful all the time and not just fool around on rings when it's the easier part. Don't wanna make a bad habit.

Good Job Razz! Keep it up!

AlexX

Well done, awesome stuff. The maltese is especially impressive since it looked like the spot was very light.

Philip Chubb

Is that guy even spotting you?! Awesome job!!!

Razz
PHILIP said:
Is that guy even spotting you?! Awesome job!!!

Yeah unfortunately, certainly can't do one on my own, although that would've been awesome in my first attempt :mrgreen:

AlexX said:
Well done, awesome stuff. The maltese is especially impressive since it looked like the spot was very light.

Thanks a lot :D All these comments are really motivating!! :D

Philip Chubb

With such little assistance needed, I am sure you won't need help with it at all soon. Out of curiosity though, why don't you do it straddled? Wouldn't that make it easier to the point where you might be able to hold it? Or am I incorrect and straddling doesn't help?

Razz

Well now that I have the possibility of a spotter I see that as a better option than straddling. If I was on my own straddling would be a good progression. The problem is that when you straddle you change the angle of your arms relative to your body in order to stay in line with the rings, so you don't get strong in the exact maltese position.

Philip Chubb

Ah so the spotting is more specific. Thank you. I think I understand.

Gregor

Spoting is one of the most crusial parts in strength training (gymnastic vise). But you must know that those few killos are big step. In body weight training added kg's are much bigger load then weight training, so even 0,5kg is big step once you achieve one hold.

sasquatch
Gregor said:
Spoting is one of the most crusial parts in strength training (gymnastic vise). But you must know that those few killos are big step. In body weight training added kg's are much bigger load then weight training, so even 0,5kg is big step once you achieve one hold.

Man, I wish I had a spotter, my little bro won't help me do anything. lol

Gregor

You need to know how to spot and give instructions for next spot. It's not just get someone to hold you in the line.

Razz

Yeah I tried having family members spot me for crosses, which are relatively simple to spot, but that still didn't work out...

Razz

New planche video!

oxCSGjh2Hxc

This was on a far from optimal day. I was completely fasted, (not on purpose) and dead tired. This was set 3 after 2 similar sets with about 1 min rest in between. I need to be more diligent in straightening my legs and squeezing my butt in order to hollow my hips and get it straight. This was easy and not all out, so I'm happy all in all :D

Christian Sørlie

Very nice Razz :D

AlexX

Looks good but I must say your maltese looks a lot stronger haha. When a friend told me he found the maltese to be easier than the planche I though it was just a fluke but it seems that quite a few people have an easier time with a maltese than a legs together planche.

Gregor
AlexX said:
Looks good but I must say your maltese looks a lot stronger haha. When a friend told me he found the maltese to be easier than the planche I though it was just a fluke but it seems that quite a few people have an easier time with a maltese than a legs together planche.

This is correct just for rings, on parralets or on the floor it's way easier than maltese on rings..

And this as he said, was made when he was tired and even this is closer then maltese on rings. I as spotter can hold someone in maltese position with first day on rings...Those few killos wich is spotter holding are quite a load :wink:

Of course Razz is strong man, I hope'll see his maltese next year without spot held for 2s.

Razz

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I can do a perfect straddle PL and I still think a perfect full planche on parallettes is closer than a maltese on rings. As Gregor said those few kg spotted are quite a bit, unfortunately :P Hopefully I can achieve them both in synergy with each other :D Once I have straddle PL on rings I will start doing some straddle PL lower to straddle maltese. (Like in Demus's video) Shall be fun :D