New video, PL vid p. 3

Started by Razz, December 30, 2010 · 42 Replies · 7,155 Views

Razz

oBGATDmUSSI

New video including my first ever maltese, with a spot of course :D

Mistakes I already know:

I don't need to run more than 3-4 steps for double front

Round off is on the side and I don't get my feet properly under my body.

I suck at keeping a proper false grip on rings elements.

I have to try and look beautiful all the time and not just fool around on rings when it's the easier part. Don't wanna make a bad habit.

Cole Dano

woot!

David Picó García

Nice!! the maltese spotting don't seem to me a strong spot so... congratulations!!!! you are getting there. And nice crosses and handstand RTO :D

Razz

Thank you :D spotter said it wasn't that heavy so not a bad first try :)

Cole Dano

It looked like a very light spot.

Dillon Zrike

Razz,

Nice work. That's really coming along!

Dillon

FritsMB Mansvelt Beck

What a way to finish 2010!

Razz
Dillon Zrike said:
Razz,

Nice work. That's really coming along!

Dillon

Thanks :D

FritsMB said:
What a way to finish 2010!

Now just gotta finish 2011 the same way, all without a spot :twisted: :D

Michael Traynor

Good work Viking! Can we swap facilities please? *is jealous*

Razz

Thanks :D No swapping facilities! Now that I finally have them I wanna keep them :P

Cole Dano

Road Trip!?!

Gregor
Razz said:
oBGATDmUSSI

New video including my first ever maltese, with a spot of course :D

Mistakes I already know:

I don't need to run more than 3-4 steps for double front

Round off is on the side and I don't get my feet properly under my body.

I suck at keeping a proper false grip on rings elements.

I have to try and look beautiful all the time and not just fool around on rings when it's the easier part. Don't wanna make a bad habit.

In my opinion it's to long combination for such hard elements (at least for now, in the future when you'll be stronger,...) and you can't give your maximum to elements wich are not good enough (maltese) because you've already drained necessary energy to less harder elements (iron cross).

In maltese you are to slow with rising your legs and hollow body. So you came to low with legs in maltese while your shoulders are already there.

I would split combination in half:

3x1 maltese

3x3 or 2 iron cross pulls

3x2 kip to L seat

Floor:

Not completly straight body in bounce time (hands low not behind your ears), you must swing to hollow position and wait to propel you up.

in handspring arms are to wide and palms turned out (they should be in neutral position or in).

Shame it's shot from rear.

GREAT JOB RAZZ!!!!

Razz

Thank you Gregor, always nice with some critique! :D

The floor mistakes I was aware of, and it's embarassing that I'm still doing these mistakes so for the next while I will focus mainly on correcting my roundoff and backhandspring technique as far as floor work goes.

Interesting for rings, I should probably do easier routines and then some days where I do harder stuff but in smaller routines.

Gregor

No probblem.

I always did hardest elements or at that moment the most important things(in competition time, in preparation time in twas learning new elements) when I was at top of the strength (somwhere at the end of 1/3 of strength training).

Gregor

Oh and one more thing: about a false grip at the begining before kip..You do not need a false grip for kip, because end position is not performed in a false grip. And as for kip to strength elements you can always do a false grip in "air" kip to cross in this case.

Razz

Good to know, thanks again! I really have to practice my kip, I can do a decent one with false grip but without it's embarrasingly bad :oops:

sasquatch

I don't know why I can't see the video on this computer, do you have the link? It's awesome that you can do the maltese and ironcross in the few years you've been training, I wish I had that kind of dedication.

Razz

Here's the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBGATDmUSSI

Let me just point out that I can only do the cross unspotted on a good day and I'm still far from doing a maltese by myself :) Those last 5-10kg spotted are gonna be hard to improve I think!

Gregor

the hardest are those last 2 or even less kilos :wink:

Razz
Gregor said:
the hardest are those last 2 or even less kilos :wink:

Damnit :mrgreen: But it's certainly true, I feel it with the cross aswell. I can literally hold it with like a pinky fingernail spot but as soon as that spot is not there it's completely different!

Gregor

Yes true. I still didn't discoverd why is that. Sometimes it bothers me why the hell, why not few killos before,... Maybe it's to small diffrence and it should be heavier increase, don't know somebody will have to experiment with that :mrgreen:

I certenly can't do that for now or at least at that state...

Razz

I think it's a mental problem somehow

Kyle Courville

Congrats on the progress. How long have you been training gymnastics?

Razz

Thanks Kyle :D

Rings I started 3 years and 2 months ago, but in between I had a shoulder injury+operation which took me about 1½ year to recover from :) Gymnastics (Handstands, tumbling and some trampoline) I've been doing most of my life (I'm 19 now) so I guess I had a head start although my strength wasn't something to talk about at all.

Mats Trane
Razz said:
I think it's a mental problem somehow

I Agree!