Conditioning Routine

Started by jyzackoh, December 21, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,602 Views

jyzackoh

Hi guys,

I was just thinking about how to use gymnastics training to condition myself. I'm in the army and soon I will have men under me and I would like to use gymnastics training to train them up as well.

My current level is such:

12pullups

30odd pushups

L-sit 6sec (haven't been doing it for a long time)

Tuck Planche 5sec

How should I train to get myself into the condition Coach was in as he said in his article: Gymnastics as Conditioning - The Journey? I do want to train frequently but do not wanna overtrain! Not sure how to structure the workouts. I do not understand the part abt building a workout in BtGB.

I feel its better to follow a proven routine!

Thanks A Lot,

Zack

Mathias Flækøy

Why don't you just follow the WODs?

jyzackoh

Hi Hannibal,

Thanks for your reply! So do I "flip" the BtGB book and find an easier progression and do the prescribed number of reps? Because some of the exercises are too hard for me!

Thanks Much!

Zack

Mathias Flækøy
jyzackoh said:
Hi Hannibal,

Thanks for your reply! So do I "flip" the BtGB book and find an easier progression and do the prescribed number of reps? Because some of the exercises are too hard for me!

Thanks Much!

Zack

Exactly ;)

GymRat15

I can attest to following the WOD's. If you do those then you'll be in the shape you need to be in order to train others! Good luck and I would be interested in knowing how things went.

AJ Ruffer
jyzackoh said:
Hi Hannibal,

Thanks for your reply! So do I "flip" the BtGB book and find an easier progression and do the prescribed number of reps? Because some of the exercises are too hard for me!

Thanks Much!

Zack

When you first start out, the scaling can be a bit confusing as the book doesn't cover it all.

I'd suggest starting the WOD's a week behind so you can go through the posts and see how everybody else scaled them.