Where does one get a list of gymnastic skills with the whole A/B/C/D/E levels of them? What is the general term for something like this?
List of Skills and Difficulties?
Started by Aaron Griffin, December 20, 2010 · 5 Replies · 3,047 Views
The only place i can think of is drillsandskills.com. I don't think there's a specific name for the list, but what do I know, I'm not a competitive gymnast. ![]()
It's called the code of points. You can find it here: http://figdocs.lx2.sportcentric.com/external/serve.php?document=1966
Svend said:It's called the code of points. You can find it here: http://figdocs.lx2.sportcentric.com/external/serve.php?document=1966
Thanks. This is exactly what I was looking for. But it's a real hard document to grok. Looks like scoring begins on page 62. The individual number though seems goofy. Add on three-languages-at-once.... and you get this. A perfect example of "design by committee", eh?
I don't know what grok means but I don't find the document confusing ![]()
Razz said:I don't know what grok means but I don't find the document confusing
It's actually a reference from a Heinlein book. It's used in nerd circles to mean "fully understand".
grok: To have an intuitive understanding of; to know (something) without having to think (such as knowing the number of objects in a collection without needing to count them); To fully and completely understand something in all its details and intricacies