Hello all. I was wondering if a few people could clarify the characteristics of a strict or ideal bridge. From my understanding these characteristics include:
- Straight legs
- Fully extended hips
- Fully extended arms
- Open shoulders. open chest
- Arms perpendicular to the floor
I'm essentially going by, along with personal trial, this picture here:
http://thegymcoach.files.wordpress.com/ ... bridge.jpg
Is this correct, or is there something I'm missing? An element I've really wanted to nail down a back walkover but haven't seen any real progress with it (which in turn has lowered some of my motivational commitment to the skill, leading me to not work on it as hard as I ought to). I had wondered if my bridge form would play a role in that, so I want to address that as well. I also have to question if that amount of hyperextension in the back is dangerous down the road, as I know every time I try a "strict" bridge I really feel it in my lower back - I'm a naturally flexible guy but I've got limits. :|
Thanks for the help!