This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101203

Started by Coach Sommer, December 3, 2010 · 8 Replies · 1,840 Views

Coach Sommer

yR4T2fvXHKg

Complete four rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Run

4 Wheels

8 Russian Dips

12 Swinging Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) The 60 seconds of HS Wall Runs should be performed without interruption.

2) If Wheels are too difficult, substitute Germans. If Germans are too difficult, try one of these explosive pushup variations.

3) Move immediately from the Wheels to the Russian Dips to the Swinging Dips.

3) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

4) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement

Mats Trane

Love these push and pull days! They kill! Super effective.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

what can we sub for swinging dips? Is it possible to perform them on the rings?

edit: nvm the link gave me progressions Thanks Coach.

Kenneth Manning

These are tough. Scaled this one a bit more than I would have liked but wanted to really try to stay within the prescribed rep parameters. I love doing russian dips, but 4 rounds of 8 reps with no rest between exercises would have crushed me...

Today's WOD:

60 sec HS wall runs x 4 sets (these felt solid, 54-57 total touches/set)

Clapping pushups x 6,6,6,6

PB dips x 8,8,8,8

swinging dips x 12,10+2,8+4, 7+5 [here, where the sets are split, I took a 10 sec breather]

2x10 wrist pushups on knees

Triceps torched.

James Portillo

Would XR support holds be a suitable substitute if swinging dips are beyond your ability and/or available equipment? I have two chairs I could weigh down but that didn't really work like I would've liked to; I'm going to also have to scale the russian dips down to chair dips.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Warmup:

500m Row

2 Rounds:

12 Shoulder Dislocate

5 High Clapping Pushups

2 HSPU on Small Parralletes

2 Negative Bar MU with Isometric Holds

5 Jumping SLS/Leg

5 Pelicans

5 Inverted Chin Ups

WOD:

4 Rounds:

60s HS Wall Runs (Unbroken!)

4 Wheels (Unbroken!)

8 Russian Dips (Unbroken first 2 rounds)

12 XR Swing Dips (I got no parrallel bars so on the rings it just sucks... but yet I am determined to get better)

Rest 2 mins

Finish with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups on knees. HS Walk Practice.

j4b

4x15 sec tuck planche

4rds:

60 sec HS Wall Run (straight arm to hips)

4 Wheels

8 Russian dips (in between two desks)

12 swinging dips (in between two desks in a tuck ^^)

2x10 wrist pushups - feet elevated about 4 ft

3 slow bridge wall walks, trying desperately to get my shoulders over my hands

30 seconds of L-sits

2x10 shoulder dislocates

***I noticed that my right shoulder lacks the flexibility of my left -- I tried doing the test where one reaches around the back with one hand, and over the shoulder with the other to clasp hands; I can only do it one way and not the other -- so I've been trying to release the muscle a bit by stretching the position on a wall. Any suggestions coach? I really think the imbalance is affecting me in more ways than one :\

Patrick Angelo Sardilli
j4b said:
4x15 sec tuck planche

4rds:

60 sec HS Wall Run (straight arm to hips)

4 Wheels

8 Russian dips (in between two desks)

12 swinging dips (in between two desks in a tuck ^^)

2x10 wrist pushups - feet elevated about 4 ft

3 slow bridge wall walks, trying desperately to get my shoulders over my hands

30 seconds of L-sits

2x10 shoulder dislocates

***I noticed that my right shoulder lacks the flexibility of my left -- I tried doing the test where one reaches around the back with one hand, and over the shoulder with the other to clasp hands; I can only do it one way and not the other -- so I've been trying to release the muscle a bit by stretching the position on a wall. Any suggestions coach? I really think the imbalance is affecting me in more ways than one :\

between two desk oh lord haha, awesome!

Tyler Schmitz

WOD done on Monday

Warm up:

3x10 s Adv. Tuck PL

3x10 s Half Lay FL

3x10 s HMSH

4 rds:

60 s HS Wall Run

4 Wheels

8 Russian Dips

12 Swinging Dips (some only Partial ROM)

Rested 3 min between rds

Finished with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups