Incorporating Gymnastic Based Movement

Started by Matt Richmond, December 2, 2010 · 1 Replies · 1,984 Views

Matt Richmond

Hello Everyone,

I just signed up for this forum. I have looked at it many times before and just want to say how helpful it all really is and how much awesome information there is. I follow Jon Hinds, Monkey Bar Gym workouts daily, and he has really been emphasizing l-seats, planche, handstands, muscle-ups, and other gymnastic based movement. I am 19 years old and am never quite satisfied with my workouts. I used to lift, but have moved away from that and have been sticking with deadlifts and squats primarily for lower body. I also want to train pull-ups, dips, and pushups, and would like to train them frequently. However, my question is, would it be better to just incorporate l-seats, planche, front lever, muscle-ups instead of the other bw movements? And what would be the best type of schedule to follow to train these movements, and are there any other movements that I should be training (that don't require rings because I have not purchased them yet)?

I really will appreciate any help.

Thank You,

Matt

Blairbob

L-sits, HS, MU, and the levers are the basic body movements.

A skin the cat is another basic movement just like press HS and body levers besides dips, HSPU, windshield wipers and HangingLegLifts.

the preferred schedule for GB seems to be MTuThF following the GB WOD.

So long as you have a bar to hang on you're pretty good and if you're lucky enough to have something similar to PB that is the next step besides rings. A wall is a pretty handy thing to have access to.