The close to impossible : crazy move

Started by ashita, November 18, 2010 · 123 Replies · 54,721 Views

irongymnast

Maybe Jasper's photo is a momentary hold (using momentum) shoot also.

Klaudius Petrulis

If a video is cut off at the feet always be careful ;)

SuperBru

Okay I was wrong. I can't find anyone else who can do it with correct form. That being said nothing is impossible! Always remember if you conceive it and believe it you will achieve it. 

Michael Traynor
PainIsGain said:

Okay I was wrong. I can't find anyone else who can do it with correct form. That being said nothing is impossible! Always remember if you conceive it and believe it you will achieve it. 

Sweet! I was going to go to Spain for a holiday this year but now I know this is the case I might holiday on the surface of the Sun instead, wanna come? ;P

Adriano Augusto
Michael Traynor said:

Sweet! I was going to go to Spain for a holiday this year but now I know this is the case I might holiday on the surface of the Sun instead, wanna come? ;P

Michael, I'm from Spain :D . Where do you go? Would be a pleasure meet you ;D

 

Greetings.

SuperBru
Michael Traynor said:

Sweet! I was going to go to Spain for a holiday this year but now I know this is the case I might holiday on the surface of the Sun instead, wanna come? ;P

Sure! Name a time and i'll be there.

SuperBru

Give me a couple of years and I will do it. 

Alessandro Mainente

say "nothing is impossible" is a little bit reductive when you are talking about human leverage, that for their nature are not favorable except from calves , and physics laws. i don't know your physics background study around biomechanics, human leverage, anatomy, force, tension, torque etc but there is no reasons to think that CTI is possible. seems that around the web in the calisthenic world you can see the 100% of the attempts with false grip but remember that CTI was proposed without false grip. and the fact that false grip takes off the BIGGEST problem (the torque over the grip) ,that i think is the 90% of the skill problem, reflects that no one can do it.

if you search around this site you can find a post of CTI where peoples like me don't limit their assumption only on words. some of uf did some calculations:

-for example i did a fair estimation about the grip generate in 2cm of teh bars equal to 12-14000 newton to counterbalance the movement

-another user did something very good, and the conclusion was that the torque generated is similar to a torque generate by the bmw engine of the 2012 3.28i with 210-240 hp.

there are bigger muscles in the body, more then grip strength muscles, and they are very far from the strength goals i've cited. of course there is not a proportion between muscles size and strength they can generate, but compare legs to grip?? no way to do that.

i'll invite you to make some researches around the physics background that there is behind that skill and then you will decide...

 

people say jasper do that, jasper to this, i remember what coach said to the participants in Helsinki talking about the CTI:

"show me a video".....and we replied "but coach there is that photo of.."  and again "show me a video"  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;) 

SuperBru
alex87 said:

say "nothing is impossible" is a little bit reductive when you are talking about human leverage, that for their nature are not favorable except from calves , and physics laws. i don't know your physics background study around biomechanics, human leverage, anatomy, force, tension, torque etc but there is no reasons to think that CTI is possible. seems that around the web in the calisthenic world you can see the 100% of the attempts with false grip but remember that CTI was proposed without false grip. and the fact that false grip takes off the BIGGEST problem (the torque over the grip) ,that i think is the 90% of the skill problem, reflects that no one can do it.

if you search around this site you can find a post of CTI where peoples like me don't limit their assumption only on words. some of uf did some calculations:

-for example i did a fair estimation about the grip generate in 2cm of teh bars equal to 12-14000 newton to counterbalance the movement

-another user did something very good, and the conclusion was that the torque generated is similar to a torque generate by the bmw engine of the 2012 3.28i with 210-240 hp.

there are bigger muscles in the body, more then grip strength muscles, and they are very far from the strength goals i've cited. of course there is not a proportion between muscles size and strength they can generate, but compare legs to grip?? no way to do that.

i'll invite you to make some researches around the physics background that there is behind that skill and then you will decide...

 

people say jasper do that, jasper to this, i remember what coach said to the participants in Helsinki talking about the CTI:

"show me a video".....and we replied "but coach there is that photo of.."  and again "show me a video"  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;)

Did you know that a very small percentage of the worlds population can hold a planche? To most people the planche is impossible. The people who have achieved it think very differently. If you don't believe you can do something you never will. Even if you've been training for 25 years. Gymnastics is more mental then anything else in my opinion. I know this is unrelated however i'm trying to get a point across. As I said before I will put my money where my mouth is. In a couple of years time I will master the CTI. Optimistic you might say? I say determined. No challenge too great no victory too small. I will come, I will see and I will conquer. 

FredInChina

Good luck on your new project PainIsGain :)

Alessandro Mainente

--Did you know that a very small percentage of the worlds population can hold a planche?--- who said that? there any scientific research to confirm that? 

 

ok in support of your claim you are saying to me that if you want you can achieve it. but you words cannot be compared with physical and math calculations.

every affirmations in mechanical / physic world is supported by theory demostration and then by practical demostration. this is the model that science uses since it was born.

so let's do the same thing. i give you a theoretic way to demonstrate that it is not possible  and you think that in 2 years you can achieved, meanwhile give me an antithesis which contradicted the laws of physics and I'll be on your side...

Klaudius Petrulis

Hey, I'm down for that Sun trip! Though we'd have to visit at night or else it would be too hot!

stefanhinote
Klaudius Petrulis said:

Hey, I'm down for that Sun trip! Though we'd have to visit at night or else it would be too hot!

Go during winter. :lol:

Klaudius Petrulis
stefanhinote said:

Go during winter. :lol:

Genius! Why didn't I think of that :o

 

Edit: If we went at night during winter would it be TOO cold? Would we need coats?

Coach Sommer
PainIsGain said:

Gymnastics is more mental then anything else in my opinion ... I know this is unrelated however i'm trying to get a point across. As I said before I will put my money where my mouth is. In a couple of years time I will master the CTI. Optimistic you might say? I say determined. No challenge too great no victory too small. I will come, I will see and I will conquer. 

 

How do support your contention that gymnastics is more mental than anything else?  At this point in your training you do not yet possess any significant GST to base that statement upon.

 

The reality is that you are not qualified to have an opinion regarding the veracity of Jasper's supposed CTI.  However attempting the CTI anyway despite counsel to the contrary will be a good experience for you.  Perhaps next time you will not be so quick to disregard the advice of experts.   ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Joshua Naterman
Klaudius Petrulis said:
stefanhinote said:

Go during winter. :lol:

Genius! Why didn't I think of that :o

 

Edit: If we went at night during winter would it be TOO cold? Would we need coats?

 

 HAHAHAHAHA!!! You guys crack me up!

Joshua Slocum
Klaudius Petrulis said:

Genius! Why didn't I think of that :o

 

Edit: If we went at night during winter would it be TOO cold? Would we need coats?

Make sure you don't wear sunblock. If you do, you'll never be able to land!

Klaudius Petrulis
Hari_Seldon said:

Make sure you don't wear sunblock. If you do, you'll never be able to land!

That is something I hadn't considered. Thank you for the heads up!

 

Now this may need to go into the supplement forum, but when visiting the sun, do I need to decrease the amount of Vitamin D3 I take?

SuperBru
FredInChina said:

Good luck on your new project PainIsGain :)

Thanks:)

SuperBru
Coach Sommer said:

How do support your contention that gymnastics is more mental than anything else?  At this point in your training you do not yet possess any significant GST to base that statement upon.

 

The reality is that you are not qualified to have an opinion regarding the veracity of Jasper's supposed CTI.  However attempting the CTI anyway despite counsel to the contrary will be a good experience for you.  Perhaps next time you will not be so quick to disregard the advice of experts.   ;)

 

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

I respect you a lot coach and understand what you are saying. I am by no means an expert so I will keep quiet until that day arrives. 

Adriano Augusto
alex87 said:

say "nothing is impossible" is a little bit reductive when you are talking about human leverage, that for their nature are not favorable except from calves , and physics laws. i don't know your physics background study around biomechanics, human leverage, anatomy, force, tension, torque etc but there is no reasons to think that CTI is possible. seems that around the web in the calisthenic world you can see the 100% of the attempts with false grip but remember that CTI was proposed without false grip. and the fact that false grip takes off the BIGGEST problem (the torque over the grip) ,that i think is the 90% of the skill problem, reflects that no one can do it.

if you search around this site you can find a post of CTI where peoples like me don't limit their assumption only on words. some of uf did some calculations:

-for example i did a fair estimation about the grip generate in 2cm of teh bars equal to 12-14000 newton to counterbalance the movement

-another user did something very good, and the conclusion was that the torque generated is similar to a torque generate by the bmw engine of the 2012 3.28i with 210-240 hp.

there are bigger muscles in the body, more then grip strength muscles, and they are very far from the strength goals i've cited. of course there is not a proportion between muscles size and strength they can generate, but compare legs to grip?? no way to do that.

i'll invite you to make some researches around the physics background that there is behind that skill and then you will decide...

 

people say jasper do that, jasper to this, i remember what coach said to the participants in Helsinki talking about the CTI:

"show me a video".....and we replied "but coach there is that photo of.."  and again "show me a video"  ;)  ;)  ;)  ;) 

And how's about OAHSPU? It is possible biomechanically?

FredInChina
Adriano Flo said:

And how's about OAHSPU? It is possible biomechanically?

 

No!

Now go out there and prove me wrong Adriano_Flo! ;)

 

:D

B1214N
Adriano Flo said:

And how's about OAHSPU? It is possible biomechanically?

OAHSPU would be like a crocodile press to OAHS (don't know the exact name) or one arm 90 degree push-up. Handbalancer has mentioned that this is the one arm counterpart of a HSPU because if you attempt to do a freestanding shoulderstand then you will end up in a crocodile. A OAHSPU with exactly the same body orientation and mechanics of a two arm HSPU is impossible.

seiyafan

Is it possible to pull up from a dead hang to CTI hold with straight arms then continue press up to support position like a straight arm muscle up?

Cannister

No. :facepalm: