This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101118 - DO NOT PERFORM UNTIL THUR

Started by Coach Sommer, November 17, 2010 · 15 Replies · 2,599 Views

Coach Sommer

Due to my upcoming departure to Europe for the GB Mallorca Seminar, this WOD is being posted early. Be sure to NOT perform it until Thursday Nov 18.

0JHxecGNDxg

Complete four rounds:

10 hopping HeSPU

20’ L-sit Walks

30 sec Swinging Dips

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Move immediately from the Hopping HeSPUs to the L-sit Walks.

2) If Hopping HeSPU are too difficult, you may substitute Wheels. If Wheels are too difficult, substitute Germans.

3) If Germans are too challenging, you may enjoy experimenting with these other Explosive Pushup Variations.

4) After the L-sit Walks move immediately to the Swinging Dips.

5) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

6) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement

Newguy

Thanks for keeping them going even tho you are leaving!!! :D:)

kevinrohrbach

This is awesome. It means I don't have to scale the workout in a bleary eyed, just got out of bed mode at six in the morning—when I usually get the WODs :D

Thanks for keeping us supplied coach!

Coach Sommer

My pleasure, gentlemen. Enjoy the workouts!

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

John Sapinoso

We have such an amazing coach, thanks for taking such great care of us, even despite your physical absence [=

fsp:

2x30

adv L

straddle L

tucked MSH

4x15

FL full for first two sets slight straddle for next two (been focusing on the scaps for the last two months or so and I now feels these in my lats much more and the position is much better)

PL "super" adv frog stand (progress on my PL has slowed down and I have a feeling its my hip extensors that are the problem. so rather than doing an adv tuck pl for my working sets I've started doing a tucked straddle sort of thing and focusing on hip extension, hopefully this helps strengthen my weak link...)

BL full lay (been focusing on widening my grip to get my arms completely off my lats)

shoulder + scap (ido's routine)

i don't have a suitable elastic anymore so i use a small dumbbell

once through:

external rotation 10 x 20 lbs

to 45 degree 10 x 20 lbs

maltese rotations and stretch 3 x 10 x 20 lbs

cross rotations and stretch 3 x 10 x 15 lbs

overhead rotations and stretch 3 x 10 x 20 lbs

cubans:

2 x 10 x 30 lbs

4 rounds

10 hopping HeSPU (10 hopping hespu, 10 gatherings, 10 gatherings, 10 gatherings; should have done gatherings the whole time)

20’ L-sit Walks (as rx'd)

30 sec Swinging Dips (15 hopping dips, 15 germans, 15 germans, 15 clapping pushups; should have done germans the whole time)

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups (straight elbow wrist only extension from knees.)

Sooner0430

I am not even close to being able to perform the swinging dips, nor do i have the equipment for that exercise. So could someone please tell me what the progression is. Thank you in advanced for your help.

Justin Kyle

Warm up:

2x30sec L-sit work (10 secs or so of Adv. L-sit then 20 secs of regular L-sit)

6x10 sec tuck planche

4x10 sec adv tuck FL

4x7-8sec full lay BL

Press HS work

WOD Four rounds of:

10 gatherings (10 gatherings, 10 gatherings, 10 gatherings, 10 wheels)

20' L-sit walk on PB

30 sec swinging dips (dips were done when the legs swung forward. Not strong enough for legs behind dips yet)

2x10 wrist pushups (1st set elevated and 2nd set on the ground)

*I had never done gatherings before and they are sweet! Really tough towards the end so I had to switch to wheels which were more jumping pushups than wheels. Thanks for mentioning gatherings tsoonami! God bless guys

kevinrohrbach

WU

General joint mobilization

Ido's scapular mobilization

FSP

2x30s of:

(Elevated straddle-L + tuck FL)

(Planche lean + Reverse planche lean)

(L-Sit - low + tuck BL)

WOD

4 rounds of:

10 clapping push-ups

30s tuck L-Sit

30s Swing dip forward work on XRs

10min HS work against wall

2x10 wrist push-ups

Comments

  • [*:31775w4j]Plyometric push-ups certainly spice things up.
    [*:31775w4j]Generally a hard workout for me. My dipping and/or triceps strength is really not something to write home about! I generally managed ~7 restricted ROM swing dip forwards.
    [*:31775w4j]HS work is getting much easier—it's so good to see progress somewhere—I started playing with spending some time pushed away from the wall i.e. in full handstand (PR at about 15s). I also spent some time with bent arms.

Kenneth Manning

Today's WOD:

hopping pushups + single clap x 10,10,10,10

PB dip + Leg lift to L sit (2-3 sec hold) x 10, 8+2, 7+3, 6+4

30 sec swinging dips, reps/30 sec = 10, 7, 8, 6+4 [lost grip on last set, reset, continued]

wrist pushups (on knees) 2x10

Tyler Schmitz

Today's WOD

Warm-Up:

3x10 s Adv. Tuck PL

3x10 s Adv. Tuck/Half Lay FL

3x10 s Low Straddle L

3x10 s Full Lay BL

4 rds:

1x10 Hopping HeSPU(on wall) then 3x10 Gatherings(on wall)

20' L-sit walk(butt partially dragging floor)

30 sec Swinging Dips

Rested 3 min between rds

Finished with 2 x 10 Wrist Pushups with ft elevated

Gatherings and Swinging Dips got tough the last 2 rds!!

Finn Frank

Sadly very abbreviated WOD!

WU: 3mins jogging in place

joint mobility

(skipped FSP warm up due to time constrains)

WOD: 4 rounds of:

10 clap push ups

4 x 5s L-sit (FX) [L-sit max is ~=10s on floor so cannot L-sit walk yet]

Finished with 10 wrist push ups

-Had only about 30 mins to get this done but still really wanted to get something in.

-I would have done gathering instead of clap push ups but my HeSPU are still a work in progress, still I think clap push ups are good because I found the speed element challenging and I guess that's the whole point :)

Justin Kyle

Treemantyler, according to one of your recent video posts, your L-sit walks looked great! How did you go about getting them so good because I can't seem to figure them out on the ground.

Tyler Schmitz
ooden said:
Treemantyler, according to one of your recent video posts, your L-sit walks looked great! How did you go about getting them so good because I can't seem to figure them out on the ground.

Ooden, after doing these WODs for about a yr and a half now, L-Sits have been my most succeeding FSP. I'm not sure why. As far as L-Sit walks, I just start in a L-Sit on the floor, raising my legs as high as possible, and then begin to put one hand in front of the other. To do this I sway my legs a little for assistance. My first set of these is always the best form as expected, after that I sway a lot. Just focus on keeping your legs straight and as high off the ground as possible. I think I remember my butt being on my hands mostly when I first did these. Good Luck :)

Eddie Stelling

@ treemantyler - I noticed you only worked 30s total time for your FSP warmups. I was just curious as to why you didn't do 60s total time? I have also been noticing that alot of everyones' FSP warmups sets are changing day to day, is this because everyone is not doing steady state?

Tyler Schmitz
Eddie said:
@ treemantyler - I noticed you only worked 30s total time for your FSP warmups. I was just curious as to why you didn't do 60s total time? I have also been noticing that alot of everyones' FSP warmups sets are changing day to day, is this because everyone is not doing steady state?

Yes, this is because I only recently started incorporating FSP's in my warm up about 2 weeks ago. Before that, I never did FSP's unless rx'd in the wod. Eventually I hope to be able to hold them longer, but for now I only do enough until my form deteriorates which has been 3 sets of 10 sec for 3 FSP's. I also don't want to overtrain myself. And no, I'm not on a set steady state progression program intentionally, instead I just plan to move on to harder variations when I feel strong enough to do so, whenever that time may be however long it takes.

Eddie Stelling

Gotcha bro. I was just curious, thanks for the response. Good luck with it!