30 2 Second Reps?

Started by Howell, November 13, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,899 Views

Howell

I'm having trouble understanding the flow of the steady state cycle...

In the book Coach says to continue work on a static hold until you can hold it for 15 seconds with proper form. At that point try the next hardest workout in that series and if you can hold it for at least 3 to 5 seconds then use that work out for the next 8-10 weeks. I'm to this point now where I can easily hold my current position for 15 seconds, but the next position I can only hold for 4 or 5 seconds. This meets the criteria to be able to work the new hold, but going by the equation, I would be doing 30 sets of 2 second holds. That just doesn't seem realistic or effective to me. Can anyone set me straight on this?

Neal Winkler

Just do 30 seconds.

Blairbob

What step are you on of what hold?

Freeflyer

There are actually multiple threads on this. If you are one of the easier progression you should be working up to a 60sec hold before going to the next one. 15sec applies to the straddle and above variations.

Aaron Griffin
Nick_EOD said:
There are actually multiple threads on this. If you are one of the easier progression you should be working up to a 60sec hold before going to the next one. 15sec applies to the straddle and above variations.

Yes. Keep working on the early steps until your max tests at 60s. Then move on. This is where I am now, and there's still gains to be made, don't worry