Hello dudes,
When training the German hang is the goal to be relaxed when in your end ROM position? I find, as many likely do, that my elbows are much happier when I leave a little ROM in the bank and a little tension in the shoulders and elbows. But should I be trying not to?
Would the best approach to training the German hang be to:
1) Build up your time in the end ROM bottom relaxed position, supporting your bodyweight to take some pressure off and adding it back slowly, OR
2) Build up your ROM in the hang keeping some ROM in reserve and increasing the ROM slowly?
I find option 2 easier to handle for my elbows, after doing 1 I feel it very strongly in my elbows and don't want to overdo it.
I use a bar and not rings which I think makes things a little tougher on holding the position. How much tougher is it?
Thanks!
Domz