• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Joshua Naterman

• AlexX

• Tarun Suri

• Nicholas Sortino

Nicholas Sortino

Holy $^%!...

300lbs + muscle ups and OACs? That is one of the most absurd things ever. Dude is a monster. And from the looks of him it is almost all muscle. I wonder what his lifts are on top of being able to do all of that.

I was worried my goal of 200+ would make me a little heavy... but now I want to do a 200lbs + Maltese one day. Within 10 years, I will achieve it. And an Inverted Cross.

do they have a clip you can see his entire body doing the oac? looks funny to me... like his feet are on the bars on the side or something...

Lol yeah the OAC looks quite sketchy, but with or without a OAC this is crazy. About the roids, it could be suspected but with or without roids it's still impressive to me.

Christian Sørlie

Probably not going to happen, but wouldn't it be something if he got a planche!

Just seeing him do an advanced frog stand would be cool. Really wondering what that would look like :D

Probably not going to happen, but wouldn't it be something if he got a planche!

Just seeing him do an advanced frog stand would be cool. Really wondering what that would look like :D

I've always thought it would be cool to see a guy that big handbalancing.

3 things:

First: He used steroids.

Second: He does not do anything extraordinary, besides combating own weight.

Third: Because of the second, that phrase at the end of the video is so true.

Fourth: That OAC ... not even need to talk right?

Well there's still quite a bit of fat mass which is why I'm having a hard time believing the roids helped him that much strength wise. A 220 lbs lean guy should be of similar or better capabilities. No, no crazy moves but it does give thought to people who blame their relative strength on their weight.

First: He used steroids.

Bunch of steroid experts over here huh? How did you all come to the conclusion that the guy uses steroids? because he is 300 lbs? What experience do you have with steroid use to be able to tell that the guy used? What are you basing this on besides his weight? A lot of weight for sure but hardly the time to be screaming steroids unless you know the guy personally and his training history.

Even if he used steroids (there is no way to tell from just watching a video) how do you know when he used them? Him using a few years back to get that big would do nothing for his strength now if he wasn't using during the time he trained for this, most people that use only use for a few cycles.

If I suddenly jumped in strength and weight when you knew that most the time I was around a certain weight and my gains in strength over the years, then you can SUSPECT (not assume) steroid use. But looking at a guy that's big and not knowing his training/weight history you're basing this on nothing but stereotypes.

Nicholas Sortino

Bunch of steroid experts over here huh? How did you all come to the conclusion that the guy uses steroids? because he is 300 lbs? What experience do you have with steroid use to be able to tell that the guy used? What are you basing this on besides his weight? A lot of weight for sure but hardly the time to be screaming steroids unless you know the guy personally and his training history.

Even if he used steroids (there is no way to tell from just watching a video) how do you know when he used them? Him using a few years back to get that big would do nothing for his strength now if he wasn't using during the time he trained for this, most people that use only use for a few cycles.

If I suddenly jumped in strength and weight when you knew that most the time I was around a certain weight and my gains in strength over the years, then you can SUSPECT (not assume) steroid use. But looking at a guy that's big and not knowing his training/weight history you're basing this on nothing but stereotypes.

I was going to say something along these lines, but I was already in a pretty abrasive mood this morning, so I decided to keep my mouth shut (fingers still?)

Alvaro Antolinez

When I asked about roids Wasn't thinking about his actual training but about if one can have that huge ( apart from fat tissue, obviously he has lots of muscle not only fat) muscles with a natural training or genetics. Here in spain you don't see usually people that big and if you see them they are BB almost 100% of the times so it is their sport to be that big. That is the reason I asked not trying to demerit him. :wink:

I must say I'm on the roids suspicion wagon aswell, but I just wanted to point out a 300lbs guy, roids or not, doing muscle ups, very explosive pushups, splits (almost) and much more.

The OAC is fake of course

didnt you see it was in the funny part of the video , even , you can see him smiling while he doing it........

About the roid , cant say anything about this ,how anycone can know something just by watch this vide o? :shock:

Nicholas Sortino
When I asked about roids Wasn't thinking about his actual training but about if one can have that huge ( apart from fat tissue, obviously he has lots of muscle not only fat) muscles with a natural training or genetics. Here in spain you don't see usually people that big and if you see them they are BB almost 100% of the times so it is their sport to be that big. That is the reason I asked not trying to demerit him. :wink:

He looks like a football player to me. Watch some Football and you will see more than a few guys who look like him. Especially on the line.

Even if he did use anabolic steroids, which it is entirely impossible to know from this video, it is not as if they are some magic superhuman pill. You still have to train very hard, and the extra gains they give you are not the substantial amount some people believe them to be. Yes, of course they make it easier to get bigger and stronger, but shooting up doesn't instantly turn you into He-Man. Even if he had used them, it is nonetheless impressive.

After watching it again, I can see the OACs being fake, guess I didn't pay a lot of attention the first time. Regardless of any of that, he is probably stronger than any person on this forum, so I have to give him props for that.

well the guy used to lift weights if i'm not mistaken that surely creates some hypertrophy

otherwise i have the guy as my friend on youtube for 2 years probably and he's been doing a lot of hard work, there are other videos where he is struggling very much with muscleups.

And he work out with the barbarians who are a very positive calisthenics and fitness group in new york so i'm sure he doesn't have much to do with roids.

Joshua Naterman
I must say I'm on the roids suspicion wagon aswell, but I just wanted to point out a 300lbs guy, roids or not, doing muscle ups, very explosive pushups, splits (almost) and much more.

I don't know d3hundred personally, but he reminds me of a guy on my ship. His name was Hardeman, and I've talked about him once before. He was 5' 11.5" or so, and 278 lbs. Never worked out. He was AFRAID to work out, because he was already wearing the biggest coveralls the base had (size 60 and was filling them pretty good) and he grew like crazy when he lifted. Similar build, not ultra defined but strong like you would not believe. Wasn't a day I was there that he couldn't bench at least 350 if he wanted to with no warm up. He was just... huge. A natural lineman, which I believe is what he played in high school. I wouldn't be shocked if D3hundred is 100% legit. There ARE giants among us. I've met a few and heard some stories that are just hard to believe, but I've heard the same stories from people who are unrelated and do not know each other. They do appear to be real. One is that there's a family of scandinavians who are all 6'4" and up, weight 270 plus, and they pretty much all work in steel factories or some other iron-working industry. Just huge, giant guys that can lift everything in the gym at the same time, more or less. We're talking about 100 reps of the whole stack on any lat pulldown machine. Have I seen this? No. But, I heard about it from my friend Romero in the navy, and he was almost unrealistically strong himself from working in a steel mill. Then when I came back home some guys in the 24h gym I joined talked about the same family, said they had run into them at some point doing steel work.

What is the truth? I don't know, but I would not be surprised if D3hundred is and has been drug free.

I don't know d3hundred personally, but he reminds me of a guy on my ship. His name was Hardeman, and I've talked about him once before. He was 5' 11.5" or so, and 278 lbs. Never worked out. He was AFRAID to work out, because he was already wearing the biggest coveralls the base had (size 60 and was filling them pretty good) and he grew like crazy when he lifted. Similar build, not ultra defined but strong like you would not believe. Wasn't a day I was there that he couldn't bench at least 350 if he wanted to with no warm up. He was just... huge. A natural lineman, which I believe is what he played in high school. I wouldn't be shocked if D3hundred is 100% legit. There ARE giants among us. I've met a few and heard some stories that are just hard to believe, but I've heard the same stories from people who are unrelated and do not know each other. They do appear to be real. One is that there's a family of scandinavians who are all 6'4" and up, weight 270 plus, and they pretty much all work in steel factories or some other iron-working industry. Just huge, giant guys that can lift everything in the gym at the same time, more or less. We're talking about 100 reps of the whole stack on any lat pulldown machine. Have I seen this? No. But, I heard about it from my friend Romero in the navy, and he was almost unrealistically strong himself from working in a steel mill. Then when I came back home some guys in the 24h gym I joined talked about the same family, said they had run into them at some point doing steel work.

What is the truth? I don't know, but I would not be surprised if D3hundred is and has been drug free.

These are typical world strongest man (half those guys are probably from families like in your description) competitors some of them use some don't but people seem to have the notion that every huge guys got that way because of steroids. Steroids aren't going to turn say me into a world class bodybuilder or strongman competitor, it's just not going to happen. They would, if I took them, allow me to gain muscle mass quicker and recover faster than I normally do but they aren't going to turn a 5'8 small frame person (my hands are less than 7 inches and I swear I have the wrist size of an 8 year old girl) into a 300 ripped behemoth.

Btw I wouldn't be quick to disbelieve those stories either. I worked at a gym once where the owner was a 230 5'8 guy not 8 percent bodyfat but he wasn't fat all and no one ever asked the guy if he worked out. The funny thing was this guy is just a natural athlete. Besides being incredibly strong in the lifts he practiced 450+ bench unshirted, over 600 lbs squat, curls with 200 lbs and no use that I know of. One day he saw me working on one arm chinups he comes over and asks about it. Then without blinking an eye grabs the bar and pulls to full flexion from 1/2 hang. He couldn't do it from a dead hang and was disappointed but said he will train it now. Another day he wanted to work legs and did the natural leg curl with me. At the time I was using weight to offset my self and was offsetting with a 90 lbs for reps of 8 I think. The guy had to lower the weight to 30 lbs to get a workout despite the fact that he had over 70 lbs on me and he never tried this before. I was training box jumps at the time as well and even though this guy does no flexibility work that I know of he matched me on the box jumps (I was doing 54 inches at the time), same height and 70 additional pounds. People like this do exist and I don't much like them :D I rarely tell people this story because no one believes me unless they've visited me a the gym where I worked.

The only lift I ever seen him have a hard time with was front squats. He saw me doing them and tried them with me but he didn't go over 285 because the bar placement felt strange to him, he did this for 10 reps. Still impressive in my book but wasn't up to his 600 lbs squat.

EDIT: On a separate note I can only imagine the amount of "Steroids" comments slizzardman is going to get when he gets a cross at 220. Trust me they will be there. Not from here but if he posts the video on youtube it's a guarantee.

Joshua Naterman

That's why I am taking blood tests and keeping hair samples!!! We'll see what crazy conspiracy theories the haters come up with then!!!

Christian Sørlie
One is that there's a family of scandinavians who are all 6'4" and up, weight 270 plus, and they pretty much all work in steel factories or some other iron-working industry.

Being a scandinavian myself, i'll keep an eye out and let you guys know if i spot them. :wink:

One is that there's a family of scandinavians who are all 6'4" and up, weight 270 plus, and they pretty much all work in steel factories or some other iron-working industry.

Probably not my family. I'm swedish, and both my brother and I are 6'6", but both pretty scrawny (I'm 180 soaking wet). If only, though... :roll:

Alvaro Antolinez

MMmmm Thanks guys I think all that pretty much answered me! :D . I must say I am almost the opposite regarding athletics, I am a natural born atrophied :lol: , although I am not skinny I have always had a very low muscular tone, now I know that with hard work I will reach beyond my craziest dreams , but I used to think that I could not do it no matter what( "you don´t have the genetics so you can´t really do a sh..." I suppose is the way the sports are promoted here at the school and of course family education).

There is a huge amount of work on those guys achievements, there was no doubt about that initially, but seeing them so big !!! :shock: I had to know if some one can be that big and muscular just like that (genetics) or there was something else to achieve that size (popular word lately XD).

You can gain a very substantial amount of muscle mass on your frame no matter how small it is. However, you also have keep things in perspective if you are a 5'7 small frame person dreams of 300 lbs might not be realized at least not at low body fat levels.

But anyone around 5'7, 5'8 can reach 200 lbs of lean muscle mass. That doesn't mean that it won't take a lot of work, food and time, it will but it's achievable by almost anyone with training. Like an Iron cross, hard and will take time but achievable by anyone who puts in the effort. Beyond that will depend a lot on effort, training, consistency and dead last genetical potential. Most people will quit well before any genetic limit is reached, the few that do reach their limit will turn to anabolics when they can no longer gain any more naturally or call it quits at that time.

Omegant people will always tell you something is impossible or you won't get it when you start training for something. I was told that dunking a basketball at my height is impossible (without a high vertical to begin with, mine wasn't) so is a one arm chinup. While I don't have any of those things yet, slowly but surely I keep getting closer and closer towards them and at this point few people tell me that I won't reach a one arm chin or dunk a basketball because of the strides I've made towards them.

You can gain a very substantial amount of muscle mass on your frame no matter how small it is. However, you also have keep things in perspective if you are a 5'7 small frame person dreams of 300 lbs might not be realized at least not at low body fat levels.

But anyone around 5'7, 5'8 can reach 200 lbs of lean muscle mass. That doesn't mean that it won't take a lot of work, food and time, it will but it's achievable by almost anyone with training.

Aren't there a lot more factors involved? Like bone density? I'm just shy of 5'10, but I don't think its possible for me to be over 170 and stay lean. Scratch that, I don't think I can be over 155 and be lean.

Joshua Naterman

But anyone around 5'7, 5'8 can reach 200 lbs of lean muscle mass. That doesn't mean that it won't take a lot of work, food and time, it will but it's achievable by almost anyone with training.

Aren't there a lot more factors involved? Like bone density? I'm just shy of 5'10, but I don't think its possible for me to be over 170 and stay lean. Scratch that, I don't think I can be over 155 and be lean.

Bone density is over-rated, even if you double bone density (which is not going to happen over the whole body) which would be pretty extreme and possibly impossible, you're only adding like 10 lbs of dry weight. The bones don't get a whole lot bigger, so water weight doesn't factor into increased bone mass to any significant degree.

As many have said before, the only limitations are those you believe in. And gravity. Don't mess with gravity.