This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 101101

Started by Coach Sommer, November 1, 2010 · 37 Replies · 4,071 Views

Eddie Stelling

Ashita, honestly the best way to get the flexibilty for the bridge wall walks is actually doing them. The way you scale it to your ability is only walking down the wall as far as your current level of flexibility will allow. As you progress, walk further and further down the wall. You can also walk your feet away from the wall to decrease the load. Another trick I used when I first made it to the bottom of the wall, was to walk my feet out and just lay down on my back, it was too difficult to walk back up. Eventually you will not need the wall anymore. When I first started these I could only walk a few feet down, not even half way. I am now doing a set of 10, without breaking, without moving my feet. This only took 3-4 times of me trying it, just work on it in your warm up, it will come quickly!

Quick Start Test Smith

Man, I can't figure out how to scale this WOD. I'm going to try:

A1 - PB L-sit tuck x 60 sec. (20 sec rest) 5 PB Dips + 5 Pull ups

2 minute rest + 2 more sets

And I don't even know where to start with the others. I wish the WODs were less complicated and I was able to scale them properly. :|

Slizzardman, I sent you a PM, just in case you haven't noticed.

ashita
Eddie said:
Ashita, honestly the best way to get the flexibilty for the bridge wall walks is actually doing them. The way you scale it to your ability is only walking down the wall as far as your current level of flexibility will allow. As you progress, walk further and further down the wall. You can also walk your feet away from the wall to decrease the load. Another trick I used when I first made it to the bottom of the wall, was to walk my feet out and just lay down on my back, it was too difficult to walk back up. Eventually you will not need the wall anymore. When I first started these I could only walk a few feet down, not even half way. I am now doing a set of 10, without breaking, without moving my feet. This only took 3-4 times of me trying it, just work on it in your warm up, it will come quickly!

Thanks mate , i will do it , i hope i will progress quickly because i feel right now really weak :oops:

pogo69
ashita said:
Eddie said:
Ashita, honestly the best way to get the flexibilty for the bridge wall walks is actually doing them. The way you scale it to your ability is only walking down the wall as far as your current level of flexibility will allow. As you progress, walk further and further down the wall. You can also walk your feet away from the wall to decrease the load. Another trick I used when I first made it to the bottom of the wall, was to walk my feet out and just lay down on my back, it was too difficult to walk back up. Eventually you will not need the wall anymore. When I first started these I could only walk a few feet down, not even half way. I am now doing a set of 10, without breaking, without moving my feet. This only took 3-4 times of me trying it, just work on it in your warm up, it will come quickly!

Thanks mate , i will do it , i hope i will progress quickly because i feel right now really weak :oops:

I'm doing a few bridge wall walks in my warmup for exactly this reason. I can't reach the bottom of the wall right now, predominantly due to shoulder inflexibility; can't do a proper bridge on the floor with arms extended for the same reason. But it'll get there.

Max Johnson

Warmup:

Jumprope, shoulder circles/shrugs

FSP warmup:

1x (30s Straddle-L + 25s Tuck FL)

1x (30s Frogstand + 30s Reverse Pushup)

1x (25s Bent L-sit + 10s Unassisted German Hang)

WOD:

3 sets each:

1 Raise to XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Pullups + 5 Tempo XR Dips

1 Lower from IH to Tuck BL + 6 Tempo Circular Arch-ups

1 Raise to Tuck FL + 6 Tempo HLL

2x5 Bridge Wall Walks

Cooldown:

Ido's Scapular Mobilization Routine

Notes:

  • [*:1ogjugjo]Did this WOD (Monday's) on Tuesday at 1pm instead.
    [*:1ogjugjo]5 Tempo Pullups + 5 Tempo XR Dips is probably a poor substitution for 5 Tempo Wide MU, but it's tough to work MU progressions on a doorway setup.
    [*:1ogjugjo]I was surprised that I can raise to Tuck FL much better now - I still tend to bend my arms a bit on the pull, so maybe i'll work on lowering to Tuck FL from IH.

Michael Miskelly

Archups destroy my hamstrings! For anyone who doesn't have PB's or a horse and someone to hold your legs, I used a swiss ball under my hips and put my legs under an appropriate height bench to do them. You need to have good balance for this but it was better than my other alternative of nothing!

ashita

Eh mic_skelly , i had to do an other exercice instead the Archups because i havent the stuff.

Great idea with the ball , maybe i will buy one , because if there is something i

dont have it is a stuff to train my lower back on a height.

If anyone have some other idea , please lets share !

Cole Dano
ashita said:
Eh mic_skelly , i had to do an other exercice instead the Archups because i havent the stuff.

Great idea with the ball , maybe i will buy one , because if there is something i

dont have it is a stuff to train my lower back on a height.

If anyone have some other idea , please lets share !

Here is one alternative that works well for me.

http://gymnasticbodies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4979

The ball is also a good idea, i suppose you could also lie over a bench/chair the same way and have more stability.

pogo69

I don't know if I can adequately describe how I set myself up for the archups, but I'm not at home and I can't take a photo, so here goes.

I laid a sleeping bag on a blanket box (big wooden box, but any table that can hold you and some surplus weight will do)

Placed 2 besser blocks (think they call them cinder blocks in the US) on one end;

Laid a loaded barbell on top (couple of convenient grooves in the blocks to help prevent slippage) and wrapped another sleeping bag around the bar;

Laying face (legs) down, hanging off the edge, with my legs hooked under the barbell, I could do the archups about as well as any roman chair or equivalent; the sleeping bags stop all the edges from digging into me.

cccp22
Coach Sommer said:
Complete 3 sets each:

1 Embedded XR L-sit + 5 Tempo Wide XR MU

1 Embedded BL + 6 Tempo Circular Arch-ups

1 Embedded FL + 6 Tempo Circular HLL

Finish the workout with 10 Bridge Wall Walks

notes:

1) Warm-up by performing 2-3 easier CPP variations prior to beginning your working sets. The variations used should initially begin with one that is quite easy and then get progressively more difficult from warm-up set to warm-up set.

2) Choose a body position for the embedded static strength variation that allows you to hold the position for 15 seconds per rep.

3) Focus on maintaining completely locked, straight elbows at all times during the XR L-sits. You may adjust the position of the legs as necessary.

4) Rest 10-20 seconds between the embedded static and the subsequent exercise. Rest 1-2 minutes in between giant sets.

5) Use a tempo of 313 for the basic strength sets.

6) For the muscle-ups, this equates to a 3 second ascent, followed by a 1 second pause at the top, then a 3 second descent. The required tempo includes your work through the transition. Be sure to choose a muscle-up variation that allows the tempo to be correctly maintained.

7) Add as much weight as possible to the Circular Arch-ups & the Circular HLL to make them challenging for 5 repetitions at the required tempo.

8 ) You may scale the workout as necessary by substituting another exercise from the same movement family as necessary. For example if the XR Wide MU is too challenging, choose another MU variation that allows you to complete the prescribed reps and tempo for all three sets.

9) DO NOT skip the Bridge Wall Walks at the end of the Workout.

************ What is a circular HLL and circular Arch up?

Brandon Green

Cole Dano

In the Core chapter of the Book.

Sooner0430

I did not do FL or BL because that was part of the WOD, also had to scale the work out down quite a bit.

Stretching:

Slow side to side head rolls

Arm circles (30 small circles forward and back then 20 big circles forward and back)

10 Shoulder dislocates

Wrist stretching

FSP:

Straddle L + Planche - advanced frog stand (elbows bent) 2x15s

L Sit + Reverse push ups 2x15s

WOD: 3 rounds

L sit 15s + 5 strict pull ups and 5 XR dips tucked

BL 15s + 6 supine windshield wipers

FL + 6 tempo circular HLL (tucked)

10 bridge wall walks

Joshua Naterman

_gRjDaohDN4