Preliminary GB Tee Shirt Design

Started by Coach Sommer, October 30, 2010 · 109 Replies · 25,378 Views

Svend

I really like the matrix idea!!!! And 3 progressions for 3 moves is spot on - that's what GB is all about!

Cole Dano

You know that is a great idea! :idea:

Aaron Griffin

I think so too. But I almost think that some stylized stick figures would make it look awesome - but I don't think that's too fitting with the current GB look-and-feel

Johann Wimmer
But I almost think that some stylized stick figures would make it look awesome

I'm thinking along the same lines. Are there any artists among us? :D

j4b

Also, with the "progressions" idea, there could be different lines of t-shirts depending on your flavor of choice, ie:

Planche: Frog stand > tuck PL > Straddle/Full PL (would look the same from the side)

Front Lever: Tuck > Adv tuck > straddle/Full FL

Back lever: tuck > adv tuck > straddle/Full BL

.. and you get the idea. Then we could do ones for cross, maltese, whatever. I personally wouldn't want to buy a shirt with a more advanced move on it though (cross, maltese, etc.), unless I could actually do the move :P

It would be cool with the levers and planche because it would be frames of someone slowly uncurling and sticking their legs out ^^

Wheelson

I actually like the idea of having multiple tees with a different skill featured on it. I think the planche and levers would be the most interesting. I'm glad I finally had a decent idea for once!

swarovski

my dad is an artist.

months ago I even offered coach help to illustrate his books but he thought pictures and dvd were more than enough.

I've uploaded a watercolour that I asked my dad to gift my gymnast friend who convinced me that I wasn't too old to join his gym class...

have a look, it's at the bottom of the gallery.

watercolours

Joshua Naterman

Nice gallery! Is that a picture of you in L sit?

swarovski

hahaha... not quite, I'm double his age!! as said in the earlier post, he's the gymnast who brought me to his class and started my journey in this gymnastic thing. He's a competitive L7. I now have few "friends" in there, I sometimes even happen to train with two former junior swiss champions. well, actually I stare at them between my sets of pullups and joke with them... hahaha!!

Quick Start Test Smith

Hahaha! :lol:

Nice gallery! That's high quality watercoloring!