What do you think?
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
Started by Coach Sommer, October 30, 2010 · 109 Replies · 25,378 Views
What do you think?
Yours in Fitness,
Coach Sommer
I like it, and I would wear it. One thing though is I don't like the way the color red flows with it.
My honest opinion, as a potential consumer, is that I think the tribal designs are getting a little stale and "tough guy" cliche. I think it would be fine without the background design. I like the two leaf iron cross guy on the back, but maybe the leaves could come a little closer together at the top because he wouldn't be able to use the rings if they were anchored that far apart.
trianglechoke7 said:My honest opinion, as a potential consumer, is that I think the tribal designs are getting a little stale and "tough guy" cliche. I think it would be fine without the background design. I like the two leaf iron cross guy on the back, but maybe the leaves could come a little closer together at the top because he wouldn't be able to use the rings if they were anchored that far apart.
Yeah I was somewhat thinking about that with the tribal designs also. Although I am not totally opposed to a background, maybe something not so generic, not sure what it would be though. And good eye with the rings, I did not notice that.
I'm not a big fan of graphic. Maybe I'd wear one if it was plain, and with a "tiny gymnastic bodies" on it.
On the other hand, if there is interest for this to be sold globally, perhaps a small investment to a apparel designer would be in order.
trianglechoke7 said:My honest opinion, as a potential consumer, is that I think the tribal designs are getting a little stale and "tough guy" cliche. I think it would be fine without the background design. I like the two leaf iron cross guy on the back, but maybe the leaves could come a little closer together at the top because he wouldn't be able to use the rings if they were anchored that far apart.
My opinion too. The background graphic of the gymnast on the rings with the leaves on both sides is perfect, as well as the gymnastic bodies text on the front, however the tribal design is unnecessary. Nevertheless thank you for taking our opinions Coach, really appreciate it.
Hey all,
Also as a potential customer,I agree with the red color and background comment. The gray has an issue meshing in a bit, but I would prefer it to black. I also agree with the tribal design being a bit cliche :? . However, I definitely think a background is needed for the shirt. I would also like to see an angle in the ring straps.
What the background should be is a hard question that I am sure might take some trial and error (and that there will never be a perfect choice for everyone's preferences).
Lastly I am extremely excited seeing a green base color
!!
If my agreement seems negative, know that I really like where the shirt is going. Any improvements will only guarantee me getting one.
-Pro
To be honest; no - I don't like it
Text and print is too rebel'ish in a sought of emo punk teenage way.
HOwever, I really like the olive(?) leaves and the Iron Cross! Maybe put that print in large on the whole back. Then just a small barely niticeable print on the right front chest: Gymnastic Bodies (not in print, but woven/sowen)
I agree in that I would prefer a small gymnastic bodies logo on the left hand side of the shirt over the chest and then the picture of the cross on the back.
Other then that I'm definitely interested in getting a shirt especially if the design is right.
The tribal design is a big turnoff. It seems kind of MMA jockish in my opinion. Personally, I'd be much more inclined to wear a shirt if it has a good design, it's not too serious, and it keeps text to an absolute minimum.
I like the iron cross guy on the back. I don't like the tribal style graphic or the type (font usage) for the Gymnastic Bodies text. I think it deserves better than a gangster looking, "tough guy" Olde English feel.
To be honest... I really like it! and i love the tribal patterns on it! it isnt too much but i think it is just enough. Yes, tribal patterns are a cliche "tough guy" thing. But arent people that follow this program "tough guys"? some of the toughest in my opinion. And not only that but what is the purpose of wearing the shirt? Everyone has there own reasons but one reason to wear a shirt like this is to advertise and to be proud of what we do! tribal patterns catch people's attention! People wont even notice it if you just have Gymnasticbodies.com written small somewhere on it. I personally dont really like the red. I would like a dark blue color but that is because i am impartial to blue. ![]()
I have to agree with the guys on the tribal. Simple is better. Can't wait to see final design.
I like the black one a lot
Maybe one design with, and one without ![]()
back to the drawing board with this one.
this guy nailed it: trianglechoke7 wrote:My honest opinion, as a potential consumer, is that I think the tribal designs are getting a little stale and "tough guy" cliche. I think it would be fine without the background design. I like the two leaf iron cross guy on the back, but maybe the leaves could come a little closer together at the top because he wouldn't be able to use the rings if they were anchored that far apart.
I personally don't like the tribal design and the font of the letters ( sort of italics, they don't look good on t-shirts) . However the back of the shirt is AWESOME!! Loved it! I'd buy it (if you change the front of the shirt).
Jeff @ CFST said:Geeze....I didn't know we had so many fashion experts here.Coach - They look great. Put me down for two.
Of course Jeff can't say he dislikes tribal patterns without insulting half his Crossfit clients. ![]()
I think a small but noticeable logo would look a lot better. There's a pretty distinguished/elite brazilian jiu jitsu training center where i live and in several other cities called Paragon that has plain black t-shirts with their logo on the front or back about the size of a fist. It's small but still noticeable, classy, and gives off the humble but "dont mess with me" look because if you see someone wearing one of the shirts or with a sticker on their car, you know their a legit athlete. Their logo looks like http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTpsxxFSaRrebKDOqdWI9GdIPt4qneYnS-J-13FlPF3BT-uIjA&t=1&usg=__gNCrtu83BTN-9YELIGC9mbNGz4o=
It would be cool if Gymnastic Bodies shirts had a similar feel.
The background causes too much noise.
The font is good, but swollowed by the background.
The background color on the red shirt does not contrast well.
The black and green shirts work, but I would suggest the words get placed below the design, not over it (too noisy).
In fact, it is the overlay of the words that makes the design choked. Seperating the words and logo from the design would offer one asthetic solution. For less, take the design out altogether. I think my first choice would be to seperate, not delete the design.
Also, a blue color could be welcome. ![]()
Thanks for the options. ![]()
Coach, I know you are getting alot of suggestions, but may I suggest http://www.99Designs.com Basically it is A site where you Tell a boatload of graphics designers what type of graphic you want, offer a certain amount of money to pay them. And tons of different designers will upload their design in a contest style page. Most of them are great, if you don't see any that you like, you don't have to pay. The more you offer, the more/better designs you get. The usual price range is 100$ 1,000$
But the 1 minute video on there site explains better than I could.
Enjoy. The NewGuy.
I would prefer non-tribal as it is distracting, and a smaller logo on the front on one of the breasts, preferably left. Perhaps the lettering not on top of the tribal.
I like it. Very nice.
I like it better with broad letters across the front, not small on the chest.
Well, those of us that don't have a sexy gymnastics body might not want to advertise such a name in such large letters.
Girls might talk behind our backs and say, "Haha, that guy doesn't have a gymnastics body, but look at his shirt he thinks he does."
Is it possible to get the quote: "All Muscle, No Iron" ?
I like the black one!