This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

RandomHavoc's Training Log

Started by Tarun Suri, October 30, 2010 · 74 Replies · 5,915 Views

Tarun Suri

I am in Singapore! Crazy stuff to learn. Most of my stuff is in my dorm. I started collecting some data, but it's not sufficiente enough to summarize how my days are join. However, for the past 2 days, I have been eating Paleo. Or at least mostly to my knowledge. Sometimes, I will get food covered in sauces, and I have absolutely no idea what that sauce is made out of. However, the prices are attractive. I feel like I can go through with the whole eat every 3 hour scenario, although probably not this first week, since I don't know what my favourite "paleo" shops are.

Can I ask a mod to move this thread to the training log section? At one point I should get to daily posts with a breakdown of foods eaten during the day, with a macronutrient breakdown and timing cutoffs. I'll also include what types of activities I'll do and their respective durations.

Also, Slizz, was super busy pre-departure time with packing and friends to complete the business approach to fitness concept, but I have every intention of doing it since I know it's make me measure the right stuff.

Cole Dano

Nice to hear from you!

I'm sure you will have many interesting experiences, keep us posted when you can.

Thread Moved

Tarun Suri

Thanks Mr. Brady.

Today was the first day that I did something fitness related, besides massive amounts of eating of course.

11:10AM: Mobility WOD 1: 10 mins squat

EDIT: As time progressed, I had to use more and more support from a chair. Felt amazing for my gait when I was done though. My arch was never higher.

Eventually I'll need to perform about 3 mobility WODS a day. I think within a week when school starts and partying and settling in dies down, I'll get into the groove.

Tarun Suri

This post will have lots of edits.

Saturday january 8

Slept 9 hours (finally!)

Woke up at 9AM.

So much walking, but that's a daily thing by this point. I noticed that the paleo eating has finally taken effect. This is because I was feeling quite low on energy most of the day. Then again, the dehydration could be an issue to. I'm sincerely not drinking uch water, and I'll need to be diligent about this.

I was a little disappointed with how much I ate today. Breakfast started at around 11AM (late) which consisted of 4 eggs and a bunch fo vegetables. Half an hour later, I finally found an avocado (my first ever). I ate half of it and was so stuffed! I don't think I'm ever going to eat more than 1/4 at a time.

Then, I only had lunch (my second and last meal of the day) at like 5. I tried to pig out as much as I can since I violated the every 3 hour rule. I realized that this was not quite paleo since the orange beef I ordered was quite sweet and therefore I must have consumed quite a bit of sugar.

After this, I had a 30 mins power nap, because going out to drink (2 beers) and club (which didn't end up happening). It's currently 1:30AM and I should be asleep by 2. I expect to start the GB WOD starting Monday, which will be posted for me to be completed on Tuesday. I still need to explore some good parks since the one right outside my house is a little too low for full ring strength series.

Tarun Suri

Slept at 2AM, woke up at 10. So a solid 8 hours of sleep. I'm still waking up once a night around 6AM to go to the bathroom. I don't know if paleo can fix my bladder, but it's always been quite weak. I'll reassess in about a months time on that matter.

Today was even more walking than usual. Approximately 15km of walking. Since I've been to Singapore it's been almost exclusively with my Vibrams, so my feet and toes are finished today. That lacrosse ball massage felt good indeed. Obviously, I won't keep that level of activity on a daily basis, but I clearly will be far more active than I used to be in Montreal now that I don't have a cr and that I have so much I want to discover. It makes me wonder how my body will tolerate the GB WODS along side all this walking and such.

On a slightly separate note, I'll be going to Sentosa island on Saturday and enjoying a whole day at Universal Studios. For Under $30, I have no complaints.

Still consistent with paleo guidelines so far. Only fruits eaten are in the morning. Usually just 1 fruit or sometimes 2 mini banana. Often enough, I'll have vegetables with my meats, usually in the form of spinach. But because of all those unknown sauces all the vendors add to my meats and such, I'm sure that I'm accumulating much more carbs than I would be led to believe. Still, I should be around the 50g lines rather than 100g. I had a few cravings for sweets today, so I guess either the blood sugar levels are going down, or my insulin sensitivity is reacting weirdly. Can't wait until I'm fat adapted.

I'm going to try and aim to wake up around 8ish so that I can squeeze an extra meal in. I haven't been able to keep up with the eat every 3 hour schedule yet, but this has for more to do with travelling and exploring with friends and sharing their schedules. This should be fixed once people get settled in with school, which actually starts tomorrow, although my class schedule is not yet finalized.

I should be asleep by midnight today. While I do always welcome the extra sleep, I may aim for an 8 hour sleep, with a siesta in the middle of the day. Goal of tomorrow is to perform some mobility wods.

Tarun Suri

Monday 10 January 2011

======================

8:00 AM Woke up

---

9:30 AM Slizzardman's shoulder stretch routine

---

10:00 3 eggs pure olive oil

1 banana

---

11:07 AM Broomstick shoulder mobility

10 mins

---

1:15 PM Chicken and Won Ton Soup, Cucumbers and (basil or parsley?)

IMG_0000001_20110110.jpg

---

1:40 PM Lower back is killing me today

I noticed this while riding the transit train. Coincidentally, I wasn;t wearing my Vibrams today. I wonder if that's more than a coincidence. Regardless, I can't wait until these Mobility WODs do the trick.

---

4:02 PM Butter fish

DIdn't eat the rice.

IMG_0000002_20110110.jpg

---

5:04 PM 30 mins nap

---

6:04 PM Mobility WoD 2

Basically 2 versions of the couch stretch. 4 mins each. My rectus femoris was so short, I could not even do this on the ground. I HAD to use the couch.

-ZX1QMTdAC4

---

6:25 PM FSPs

Arch & Hollow Holds 2x30s altern.

Handstand & LSit (tuck) Holds 4x15s altern.

Since it was raining, I only performed my FSPs. This was my first workout in nearly 6 months. I used the online timer from http://www.swfcabin.com/swf-files/1291755209.swf that a fellow user created (forgot who, sorry!). I need to remember to refresh the page after each new usage since the timing gets screwed up. I swear, during the HS and Lsits, I felt so rushed, it was like I was doing a metcon.

I'm really not sure if I'm doing Hollow Holds correctly too. Is my entire lower back really supposed to touch the ground?

I need to decide whether I will continue to perform the FPSs until the monsoon season will end (end of month), or to do the WODs whenever possible. :?

---

6:43 PM Wrist Routine

10 wrist pushups

Imagine the wrist pushups in the easiest possible progression there is. Incredibly piked, and hands are practically touching knees. This is because I get this weird pain in my forearms when I do it too quickly. It quite literally feels as though 2 muscle fibres overlap and get stuck. I dunno what it is, but hopefully and slowly it will go away as I become stronger.

---

7:34 PM New Zealand sirloin steak

$6SGD. A bit pricey, but the New Zealand part made me wonder if it was free roaming cattle. I don't think I'll ever know, but it was good enough. I only ate the steak and the vegetables as well as the cream in the potato.

IMG_0000003_20110110.jpg

---

9:00 PM 3 of these mini leeching like fruits

Forgot to get my fructose after y workout!

IMG_0000004_20110110.jpg

---

10:07 PM Seafood/Tom Yam Soup

This took guts. There was a lot in here that I never had before and that I don't know what it was. That is not shrimp! And it was super spicy!

IMG_0000005_20110110.jpg

---

12:10 Sleep

Tarun Suri

Tuesday 11 January 2011

=======================

8:46 AM Woke up, 8:30 hours of sleep

---

9:50 AM 3 eggs

Pure olive oil

---

10:03 AM Researched on Won Ton Soups. Doesn't look like I'll be having anymore.

---

12:27 PM Slizzardman shoulder routine

---

12:32 PM Shoulder mobility with broomstick

---

12:43 PM FPSs

Hollow & Arch Holds 2x30s

Lsit (bent PB) 4x15s

Handstand (wall) 2x15s+2x7s

Hollow holds felt stronger today. I think I understand the position better. The second set was very challenging to complete. Since this isn't a connective tissue component, I don't think pushing this hard will be detrimental. So I will continue at 30s sets.

I did these Lsits on PB outside. However, they are larger in diameter than normal and I can't put my hands around it. It felt very very tough. I really hope that it's the size of the PB that are making this difference.

Handstands are still too challenging to do 4x15s right now. I will change this to 4x10s for now. I should also notice that these are with strong emphasis on not using the chest. Very often, I end up in a free handstand with nothing touching the wall. Fear brings me back however.

---

12:56 PM Wrist routine

---

1:23 PM Chicken

Cucumbers

Dil

IMG_0000007_20110111.jpg

---

1:40 PM Missing fats!

Why is it so hard to find good sources of fats here in Singapore. I can't even find much coconuts for crying out loud. I need to do research again.

---

3:19 PM Back hurts

It's at it again. Wearing Vibrams today. I think getting better at hollow holds will help this matter.

---

3:30 PM 3 large prices of dark chocolate 85%.

I found me some fats! Expensive though. I'm pretty sure I shouldn't abuse this source of fat too.

IMG_0000008_20110111.jpg

---

4:17 PM Korean BBQ Chicken

Absolutely delicious!

IMG_0000009_20110111.jpg

---

4:30 PM 2 pieces of the same chocolate

Done for the day.

---

7:28 PM Ikea hot dog

I had nothing to eat for over 3 hours. Must shove at least something down. It could have been worse?

IMG_0000010_20110111.jpg

---

8:42 PM Mixed grill

Sausage

Chicken

Fish

Steak

Egg

Salad

Cream (inside potato)

+ 3 ounces more chicken in exchange for all the stuff I didn't eat with a friend from Croatia.

Epicness in a plate for $6SGD.

IMG_0000011_20110111.jpg

---

10:20 PM Mobility WoD 3

Calf stretch

e4cpBBDVGGU

---

12:10AM

Sleep!

Tarun Suri

Wednesday 12 January 2011

=========================

8:42 AM Wake up

Slept on back all night long. It was much better for my shoulders than in the fetal position. I'll try to do this very often.

---

9:08 AM Mobility WoD 4

Psoas stretch: yzHcIzIVRK

Slizzardmans shoulder routine

---

10:05 AM 3 eggs

1tsp pure olive oil

Avocado slices

---

1:25 PM Mango fish filet

IMG_0000012_20110112.jpg

---

3:28 PM 3 bulgogi chicken

IMG_0000013_20110112.jpg

---

6:16 PM FSPs

Arch & Hollow Holds 2x30s

Lsits (bent) & Handstands 4x15s, 6x10s

Second set of Hollow Hold is still very difficult.

Lsits were done indoors on a chair. Getting the full 15s sets is a bit of a challenge.

Handstands felt very strong. I always emphasize less chest and more shoulders. 10s sets was an appropriate choice.

---

7:44 PM Hungry!

---

9:13 PM

Spinach, Shark Fin Soup, Chilli Prong (Hao Bakuong style?), SIngapore Sling drink.

First time having shark, and it was delicious! And I had to get the Singapore Sling out of the way at some point. I fear Wednesday nights might involve drinking... I still can't believe I paid $50SGD on one meal, but man was it great.

IMG_0000014_20110112.jpg

---

11:00 PM Drinks throughout the night. Took what I could get without paying.

Danced the night away.

Tarun Suri

Thursday 13 January 2011

========================

2:45 AM Sleep

Came back home pretty late

---

7:50 AM Wake up

I actually made it to the shuttle bus for 8AM. I considered fasting. But I don't know how fasted state interacts with sleep deprived state. Does sleep deprived increase or decrease cortisol levels in the morning?

---

10:46 AM Fried eggs with onion minces pork and tomatoes

Managed to eat since class ended early (first week). We'll see how I adjust in the later weeks.

IMG_0000015_20110113.jpg

---

10:57 AM Beef and 1 egg

Still wasn't satisfied. But then this hit the spot.

IMG_0000016_20110113.jpg

---

2:34 PM Chicken teriyaki set

Did not taste very good. Especially from all their other meals I've heard about, but there was quantity at least.

IMG_0000017_20110113.jpg

---

4:52 PM Sleep

Passed out!

---

7:55 PM Wake up

I hope this doesn't affect my sleeping pattern too much tonight.

---

8:44 PM Fish and beef

IMG_0000018_20110113.jpg

---

1AM Sleep? We'll find out soon.

Razz

Cool log :D

Tarun Suri

Thanks razz. Wasn't quite sure if I should bother presenting things in this manner anymore. I guess at least some people enjoy the pictures!

jl5555

It makes me hungry.

Tarun Suri

Friday 14 January 2011

======================

12:30 AM Sleep

---

8:00 AM Wake up

---

8:39 AM Stomach hurts

Did I eat something weird yesterday? This pain came and went pretty much all day. Bowl movements weren't great either.

---

10:38 AM Hungry

---

10:45 AM 3 eggs

2 hot dogs

The hot dogs were a bad choice. I'm sure that it barely has meat in it, and that it was probably the worst thing I ate since the paleo resolution started. The menu had that and cheese sausages there. Funny thing was, there were 2 sausages on display plus the hot dog. Confusing... therefore, I took the lazy route. Costed me $2SGD :mrgreen:

IMG_0000019_20110114.jpg

---

11:08 AM Physically tired

I guess the paleo eating is catching up to me. I'm eating significantly less fruits than last time I underwent the transformation. Since this is still breakfast, I'll help myself to 2 pieces of fruit. In fact, I'll do this every morning. I won't go overboard and it will only be good for helping me build mass.

---

11:13 AM 1/2 of giant guava

1 banana

Yup, that reenergized me quite a bit. Picture of a guava below in case you don't know what it is. My favourite fuit!

IMG_0000020_20110114.jpg

---

3:06 PM Neck pain. 5s light.

Not again. I thought this would have gone away. Perhaps because I did no postural exercises today. If this pain resumes even after significant postural improvements, then I'll search board help.

---

3:35 PM London grilled fish

IMG_0000021_20110114.jpg

---

7:52 PM LSit floor 1x10s.

For fun. Not my max hold. Am I wasting my time on bent Lsits? :?

---

8:17 PM Grill chicken chop

Salad

IMG_0000022_20110114.jpg

---

12AM sleep?

Thursdays and Fridays are usually too hectic for me to workout in any way. Tomorrow will be an exception since I'm going to Sentosa island all day long (Universal Studios!). I should post a week in review and make some assessments on how to move forward from here soon after the trip is over.

I also noticed I didn't eat much today. But that may have something to do with the stomach as well.

Tarun Suri

Saturday 15 January 2011

========================

12:00 AM Sleep

---

8:04 AM Wake up

---

9:33 AM Gastrolyte

Still had a little bit of stomach problems today. But since I had a big day ahead, I took a gastrolyte, something I got from the travel clinic. It's basically powder to mix with water that gives you electrolyte. I think the quantity I took was too small to make a profound effect, but regardless, the problem was gone soon after.

---

9:53 AM Slizzard shoulder routine

Retraction work

---

10:00 AM 1 banana

I gotta rush. I get I get to eat soon!

---

11:30 AM Grilled chicken salad

Not that tasty, but I'll take what I can get.

---

1PM-5PM

Bunch of activities at the beach. Some cardio stuff like running involved, some strength endurance activities like tug of wars, and lots of leg work with piggy backing girls and making them fight other team. Also lots of quick movements in water too.

One of the activities was fear factor. I ate Centri eggs (not sure what that is) and dried chicken's liver, which I was not able to finish. :x

---

5:19 PM 1 apple

4 mini sausages

This is to help sustain me while I try and find real food!

---

5:53 PM Sweet and sour pork extra veggies and 2 eggs

I need more!

IMG_0000023_20110115.jpg

---

6:10 PM Butter fish with extra veggies (yeah right :roll: )

1 mini lime

That hit the spot. I know I should eat more, but my stomach has no more room. Just remind myself that everything will go back tomorrow.

IMG_0000024_20110115.jpg

---

10:13 PM Feet have been hurting like crazy, this started since 8. But technically I went shopping on flat ground for over an hour with my Vibrams after all that sand work at the beach. I need to remember to massage them later (I did).

Events: Pain

---

Sleep around 1AM.

Tarun Suri

WEEK IN REVIEW (1)

At this time of writing, I have been in Singapore for over 8 days now. I only started doing FSPs a few days after I arrived. So this Week in Review post might be lacking compared to what future weeks will have in store. The purpose of these posts are to analyze my activities in the past 7 days and to thoughtfully make changes for the next week.

I invite anyone to critisize my train of thought since this will be of benefit for me.

Sleep

The only time I had less than 8 hours of sleep caused me to be very fatigued the following day. This includes the 3 hour nap I had in the afternoon. Fruits definitely woke me up, however the same level of mental alertness was not present. I’ll need to strive for 8 straight hours of sleep every night and power nap whenever I feel like it until I am fat adapted.

Nutrition

I only started a food log 5 days ago. I still haven’t posted the information on fitday.com in order to track macronutrient levels. This seems difficult at the moment since I have no idea how people cook their food here, therefore my estimates will be quite off.

I do have the intention to start cooking more and more often at home now that I’m better accustomed to the Country and the food here. There will be less wasting time finding things and since I only have school on Thursdays and Fridays, I should have enough time to start learning to cook and therefore slowly evaluate my macronutrient profile. However, this unweighed unmeasured paleo is still doing it’s trick. One thing that irks me however is the difficulty finding coconut products!

I’m pretty sensitive to hunger after workouts, so as long as I make sure they are part of the equation, it should be easier to squeeze a meal in.

I’ve also decided to eat 2 pieces of fruit for breakfast and 1 piece after workouts. This should help the ketosis train on energy levels temporarily, while helping gain mass.

I’ve noticed that my condensed school schedule of Thursday’s and Friday’s really take a toll on my feeding consumption. Today (Saturday) was also the case, but should be considered as an anomaly due to a school activity. I’ll need to find a way to mitigate this problem. Perhaps when I start cooking, I’ll make myself a lunch with a few snacks.

FSPs

Arch and Hollow holds will stay at 30s sets at least until the level of difficulty for Hollow holds will diminish to match the level of arch holds.

I prefer doing Lsits and Handstands separately or else it feels like I’m performing a metcon. The handstand is what is mentally exhausting, I want to make sure not to rush this practice.

Changing Handstands to 10s holds was a smart move. However I feel that as I learn the Hollow holds, I will quickly become better at them. I should, after another week, test my max hold time for handstands with perfect form to reevaluate my times.

LSits is what is problematic right since I can hold an Lsit on floor for roughly the same time as bent on paralettes. Except that the paralettes I have access to, are much larger in grip size. I wonder if that is what is making it that much harder. I sincerely don’t know which variation/progression to stick at. Due to this uncertainty, I’ll take the conservative route and do bent Lsits on PBs. However, this will need to be reevaluated in a weeks time.

In terms of schedule, it should be near impossible for me to work workout on Thursdays and Fridays. I should still be able to manage 4 FSPs a week though.

WoDs

I have yet to start the WoDs and I really am anxious to start. Based on my schedule, if I consider my Thursday and Fridays to be GBs Saturday and Sundays, then we should stay in synch. That means my first workout will be 110116 performed … I’m too tired to figure this out. Hopefully this will itself tomorrow. All I know is that I should workout tomorrow…

I’ll make sure to use very easy progression and after each workout decide to upgrade or downgrade certain movements/positions.

Mobility/Flexibility/Gait

I’ve almost been averaging 1 mobility WoD a day. However, in order to catch up to K_Star by the end of my trip, I will need to perform as many as 4 WoDs a day. I’ll aim for 3 to make it realistic. I’ll need to remember that mobility WoD should be one of the first things I do in the morning to ensure I stay on track.

Put buying more lacrosse balls and a jump band high on the priority list.

Slizzardman’s routine will stay on the must do list for a little while. However, this is also the time when I should start adding German Hangs.

Body Composition

Since I started eating paleo, I have become noticeably leaner. I’m uncertain as to whether I have gained or lost weight though. I wouldn’t want to buy a scale, but checking once a week should be satisfying. I’ll need to make sure to look into this.

That’s all for this assessment. Time to implement this tomorrow.

Tarun Suri

Sunday 16 January 2011

======================

First WOD! But terrible post workout meal, which kind of defeats the purpose.

1:40 AM Sleep

---

11:33 AM Wake up

---

11:56 AM Slizzardman shoulder routine

Left better than right

---

12:10 PM Mobility WoD 5:

1ARPjekZPJw

---

12:21 PM 8 rows

---

1:21 PM 4 eggs separated omellet made with pure olive oil

Handful of baked almonds (so good!)

A pear/apple

1 banana

I've never had such a big breakfast before. I'm so full! I hope have 2 fruits in the morning won't prevent ketosis.

IMG_0000025_20110116.jpg

---

3:27 PM Power nap

---

4:08 PM FSP

Arch & Hollow Hold 2x30s

Lsit (bent) 4x15s

German Hangs (bar, feet supported) 4x15s

WOD 110110:

MzsZRfOE1fM

I need to remember good for for muscle ups. It almost looks like I was doing wide grips muscle ups.

Only 1 round of the static holds (but no HS work)

Forgot to do the wall slides

---

6:15 PM 6 chicken nuggets on a stick? (not crispy)

Tarun Suri

Monday 17 January 2011

======================

The day I destroyed my liver.

12:30 AM 3 egg omelet

Cucumbers

---

2:00 AM Sleep

---

8:45 AM Wake up

---

10:30 AM 3 scrambled eggs

Handful of baked almonds

1 banana

1 apple/pear

---

12:40 PM Mobility WoD 6:

TCoywIXVhgo

---

12:59 PM Cramp in left first or second abdominal while walking.

---

3:35 PM Sweet and sour pork

2 eggs

Veggies

Lime

IMG_0000026_20110117.jpg

---

6:30 PM Chicken and veggies

IMG_0000027_20110117.jpg

---

7:09 PM Power nap

---

9:13 PM Cramp again

---

9:30 PM For the next 2 hours, drank 10-15 gin and tonic.

Reminder to self: look up tonic.

Tarun Suri

Tuesday 18 January 2011

=======================

Great productive day.

2:06 AM Sleep

---

10:32 AM Wake up

---

11:41 AM 3 egg omelet

2 ham slices

1 giant apple/pear

I found out that ham is not so healthy. There was no nutritional value on it (I found that out the next day), and one of its main ingredients is starch...

IMG_0000028_20110118.jpg

---

12:38 PM Scapulae pushups

Bar hang

Mobility WoD 7:

nntuDmKS6SM

---

3:00 PM Chicken

Cucumbers 2 mini lemons

---

3:44 PM Almonds

---

3:53 PM Power nap

---

4:43 PM Slizzardman shoulder routine

FSPs:

Arch and Hollow Hold 2x30s

LSit (bent) 4x15

HS (wall) 6x10s

German Hang (feet supported, bar) 4x15s

LSit on chair became way easier when I made my palms face outwards (like in PB).

HS felt much harder today.

WoD 130110:

c4tZAtskGsc

I think I may have had a eureka moment for the shoulderstand which I will experiment with when the time comes. The problem is my head is always in line with my hands, while it should be much lower. If I visualise dropping towards an inverted hang, and then will myself to do an RLL, I should be able to achieve it.

I still wasn't able to do the back bridge walks. I experimented with feet elevated ones, and I was finally able to do a head bridge, but I still wasn't able to open up my shoulder at all.

---

6:15 PM 3 chicken satays

2 mutton satays

1 apple/pear

Eaten almost immediately after the workout.

---

8:59 PM Eggs

Chicken

Steak

Sausage

Fish

Salad

---

Sleep by 12AM?

Tarun Suri

Wednesday 19 January 2011

=========================

9:45 AM Wake up

---

11:19 AM Typical breakfast

3 egg scrambles

handful of nuts

1 pear/apple

1 banana

---

1:05 PM Mobility WoD 8

Laterally stretching the hammies:

3-th5SrJ1rQ

---

1:48 PM Chicken

Cucumbers

---

2:09 PM Power nap

---

3:13 PM Wake up

---

3:52 PM Fsps

Arch Holds, Hollow Holds 2x30s

Lsits (bent), German Hangs (feet supported) 4x15s

Handstand 4x10s

I felt like I was failing during the 5th set, so I ended it prematurely.

WoD 14

20 rebounds

8 single legged box jumps (1.5 feet) alternating

4 hip level depth jumps

12 single legged squat negatives

Only did 3 rounds, since my left quad felt like it was spazing up. I'm quite surprised how effective this workout was. I'm going to look forward to this in the future. Interestingly, I have better depth and balance with my left leg than my right for the SLS.

No video this time unfortunately.

---

5:36 PM Orange pork

Fried chicken

Ocra

IMG_0000029_20110119.jpg

Tarun Suri

Thursday 20 January 2011

========================

Booked my flight for 1 week in Bali in February. Since I only have 4 days of class in february, I fear what that will bring nutritionally and to the WODs (or there lackof)

1:39 AM Sleep

---

7:45 Wake up

---

8:00 3 egg omelet

almonds

small piece of pineapple

---

3:12 PM Salmon

Salad

---

3:25 PM 2 giant chicken nuggets

Salad

---

3:38 PM Beef

---

3:52 PM Left quad is sore.

---

7:55 PM Egg

2 fish fried

Orange chicken

IMG_0000030_20110120.jpg

---

Sleep by 1:15AM?

Tarun Suri

PS: Do you guys like the pictures of all the food? Because I'm considering stopping.

Friday 21 January 2011

======================

10:00 AM Wake up

---

10:40 AM 3 egg scrambled

Almonds

Kiwi

2 small pineapple pieces

---

2:05 PM A crap load of free food!

IMG_0000031_20110121.jpg

I'm not quite sure what I had, but I tried as hard as possible to make it paleo. I think the worst from what I ate was tofu?

---

6:47 PM New Zealand steak

Small salad

---

8:50 PM 6 chicken nuggets

Tarun Suri

Saturday 22 January 2011

========================

Sleeeeeeeeeeep!

5:05 AM Sleep

---

11:58 AM Wake up

---

1:03 PM Chicken

Cucumbers

---

2:57 PM Feel like shit. It must be because I need fruits badly!

---

3:14 PM Orange

Watermelon

Honey almonds

feel completely reenergized!

---

8:21 PM Orange

Beer

---

10:00 PM Beer

Grilled chicken salad

10 chicken nuggets

I just learned that most fried food is covered in batter. That means I was taking in glutten and I didn't know it! I've failed my 30 day challenge. Time to restart!

Tarun Suri

Sunday 23 January 2011

======================

Full day at the beach!

2:15 AM Sleep

---

9:35 AM Wake up

---

11:00 AM Chicken

Cucumbers

Apple

---

12:34 PM Coconut water.

---

12:37 PM Coconut

---

2:20 PM Chicken

Cucumbers

---

7:15 PM Big meal

Steak

Chicken

Fish (fried)

Egg

Hot Dog

Salad

---

7:36 PM Almonds

---

I've come to realize that it will be impossible for me to have a paleo lifestyle here in Singapore unless I cook for myself, which isn't happening. I mean everything here is fried... even the eggs! There's soy sauce on everything. And there's so much that I don't know about cooking that there are probably other stuff I'm eating that I don't know about.

I think I'm going to do what I've always done. Try to eat as glutten free as possible. Aim for meats as the ain source of nourishment. If that means eating chicken nuggets, I'll do just that. I need to remind myself that this is better than the alternative... how I would have eaten has I still been living with my parents.

---

I should be asleep before midnight tonight. I want to get an early start on eating tomorrow. 2 Wods missed, not good!

Tarun Suri

WEEK IN REVIEW (2)

Sleep

I've generally been doing a poor job this week. Excessive going out and such. I think that I will schedule Monday and Wednesday nights as my going out and drinking nights. I'm quite certain that a third day of the week will happen on average, considering the amount of travelling I intend to do. The key will be in my naps. I need to aim to wake up by 9AM to be able to eat, then go right back to bed if necessary. I did this today and felt extraordinarily productive.

Nutrition

I might as well dub this week as my poorest thus far. I ate very little compared to my first week. Part of this reason was because I was experimenting a lot of new foods in my first week. The second reason is due to my sleeping patterns. I've noticed that if I wake up late (noon-ish), I tend to scramble to get this done, and I only end up eating 3 larger meals a day. However, this pales in comparison to my 4-5 smaller meals a day in terms of quality, and quantity. It's a no brainer now. Wake up by 9. Eat. Sleep again if necessary.

I've also learned that much of what I ate has some sort of non-paleo characteristic to them. This will be unavoidable. Be it the sauce, or the fact that everything here (mostly) is fried after being rolled in batter. I do have a meu of thing I eat during my days which is quite paleo-ish, however this leaves very little variety in my diet. Seems like I will need to keep my eyes open!

I also need to know what it is I buy from the supermarket, before I buy it. I nought spare ribs today only to learn that it takes hours to cook and usually requires an oven, which I don't have :x

FSPs

In today's FSP, I upgraded my arch and hollow hold so that my arms are held out to the sides. In addition, my german hangs are now with feet completely unsupported and with a small stretch. I feel like my handstands are getting better in form, because I try to take the emphasis off my chest, but for the most part, 6x10s is not always doable. I don't want to change this, however I may play with the rest times between my rounds.

Lsits (tuck) definitely got much more stronger with the hand position I played with on the chairs. Unfortunately, I believe my PBs are too wide, however I need to confirm this. If they are not, while more difficult, I will transfer over to that station permanently.

I believe that in a month, I will graduate from either arch or hollow holds, arch being the more likely and begin to add front levers in my FSPs.

WODs

I have completed a few WODs so far. 2 have actually been skipped. I believe that during my travels this will be inevitable based on travelling or due to expected opportunities to be enjoyed. I will simply need to best anticipate which days I will be able to work out and match the rest times of the WODs appropriately.

I'm looking forward to muscle ups again, because I realised a few things during my last one. They were very wide and I started bent armed. I need to confirm what I'm capable of doing in my power bar setting.

HS on rings, as well as Shoulderstands have still not been accomplished. However, I think this can be remedies with the aid of a spot. I hope I have one available when the time comes.

I believe my back tuck lever is fine. Perhaps I may be resting too much on my lats.

Inverted curls are still partial range, but that should be normal. I should double check if that was the correct sub I used.

I found a higher platform for box jumps which would make my question about 1 legged smaller box jumps become obsolete.

Whether or not I should continue with single bar dips will depend on how much more difficult the next progression (korean dips) are. The fact the the PBs are too low, really changes a lot of things.

Front pulls are interesting. For now, with my negative tuck variation, I should just try to raise the rings higher so that I can get the complete range of movement.

I feel like depth jumps were awesome for my gait, I can't wait to do more.

However the single legged squat negatives were quite disappointing. I don't mean to doubt Coaches' experience, but I'm considering jumping to the next progression and just doing negatives with a variable hight.

Gait/Flexibility/Mobility

Yeah, I barely did any. My excuse is that I have yet to buy more lacrosse balls and a jump stretch band, but I know those are poor excuses. Still, I really need to get those 2 equipments!

Tarun Suri

Monday 24 January 2011

======================

First day with my new sleep schedule. Felt amazingly productive! And got enough food in. Because I slept late, I feel like I could have gotten another small meal in closer towards the end. That's what my avacados should be good for tomorrow.

12:40 AM Sleep

---

9:00 AM Wake up

---

9:36 AM Omelet with mushrooms

Pineapple

Kiwi

Almonds

---

10:37 AM Nap

---

11:59 AM Wake up

---

12:48 PM Chicken

Cucumber

---

12:56 PM Right foot toes are getting numb while siting.

---

1:46 PM Slizzardman shoulder routine

---

1:52 PM Fsps

Arch and Hollow Holds (arms by side) 2x30s. Still strong on arch holds, hollow still very difficult.

Handstands 5x10s (Wanted to make sure I was fresh for the WOD since these were getting challenging.

4x15s German Hangs, first time without feet support, with a small stretch added.

---

2:10 PM WoD 110120

Z__F5-BZbDo

I surprised myself on the Ag Walks.

PB LSits were much harder than I thought. But I think I know what to visualize now. I will be busy with this tuck progression for quite a while though.

I'll keep the hopping pushups since my last round consisted of only 6 (just before failure).

Based on suggestion by forum members (Lavastine if memory serves me correctly), I'll sub my swinging dips to simply sings for now. Emphasis should be placed on getting full range of movement, with pike at the hips.

---

2:47 PM Roasted duck

Cucumbers

Green onions

IMG_0000032_20110124.jpg

---

3:00 PM 15 mins Nap outside. Getting a tan on. And some vitamin Ds!

---

5:05 PM Roast duck

Cucumbers

Coriander

---

5:27 PM 1x10 wrist pushups

Forgot to do the 2nd set. Do I have to do these immediately after the workout for best results?

---

6:33 PM Mixed grill

Chicken

Fish

Hot Dog

Egg

Steak

Salad