Hello again everyone.
Yesterday, I got a very very minor sprain in my finger, and today I got to thinking. "My ligaments must be too weak to resist the force I'm putting on them. Surely, there's a way to strengthen them." I was doing 360 dive rolls and my middle finger was hyperextended.
Back on track, I want to know ways (in general, not specific body parts (but feel free to tell)) how to strengthen ligaments.
I understand strengthening tendons, but since ligaments are not directly involved with muscles, it makes no sense to me saying that lifting weights (or any other form of resistance training similar) will strengthen them. And of course, I have developed a theory on strengthening ligaments. Wouldn't putting light weight on a dangerous position for ligaments eventually cause them to strengthen? I understand how slow they heal. My primary example is how it is believed that hindu squats strengthen the anterior knee ligaments... By putting them in the most stretched position possible then applying weight to it in a comfortable manner. The problem with my idea is that if ligaments are anything like tendons, they may become stretched during the process, which I do not want at all.
In case modern science has nothing on this subject yet, then I can simply refer to Bodhidarma's Sinew and Tendon Changing Classic.