Getting back to training after surgery

Started by meep, October 18, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,615 Views

meep

Hi,

Long time lurker of the forum not a big poster but I always respected the opinions of everyone here. My question is that I have recently have undergone an Appendectomy and it was done as Laparoscopic surgery. Has anyone else had this type of surgery or have any of the coaches had any of their gymnasts have this surgery. If so what week after surgery did they get back to training? What was their loss of strength like? Were their any exercises that used to accelerate their recovery? Thank you for your time.

Nick

Joshua Naterman

You want to ask Aush that one. Do what your doctor tells you!

Alexander Moreen

I had an appendectomy when I was around 10 or so at the beginning of summer, and I was pretty much done for the first 2 months. Later when I was playing baseball the coaches son had one as well and he was back playing a month later, but wasnt really ready, he was green in the face and hobbling still. These were both invasive open you up surgeries, but we were also both kids who heal fast. So I'd wait at least 2 months before you do anything crazy. Walk alot to recover faster.