My first steady state cycle (please critique)

Started by Jonathan Mead, October 18, 2010 · 1 Replies · 2,236 Views

Jonathan Mead

Hello, I've been a major lurker on the forums for the past year since I bought coache's book BTGB, and the XR. I've been messing around with bodyweight training for the past year since getting into it through practicing martial arts. I've seen some awesome gains in strength and skill, but am not seeing the progress I'd like in FL, BL and Planche specifically. I'd like to start working on them more consistently and see continual gains.

This will be my first SSC for the next 8-10 weeks. I've designed it based on my goals, coache's book and the incredibly awesome article here by braindx: http://www.eatmoveimprove.com/2010/03/t ... -training/

Here is my plan, please let me know what you think... if I'm being too ambitious or if it's relatively smart. Thank you in advance. It's awesome to be a part of such a helpful community.

Steady State Cycle BWE -- 10/2010-12/2010

Monday:

Warmup / Mobility

> 1x10 fingertip pushups

> 1x10 squats

> wrist warmup

> 20 second german hang

Skill Development

> handstand 5-10 minutes freestanding

> elbow lever 2-3 minutes

Strength Work

> tuck planche static holds

> tuck planche pushups 3x5

> bridge wall walks 3x3

> single leg squats 3x5

> l sit static holds

> wide grip pullups 6,4,2 (two fingers on one arm)

Cool down

> shoulder ROM on bands

> shoulder wall extensions

> static stretches

Tuesday:

Warmup / Mobility

> 10 burpees

> 5 pullups

> 10 lunges

> dead hang on bar for shoulder opening 2x30 seconds

Skill Development

> 20 FHS

> 20 BHS

Strength Work

> tuck front lever static holds

> tuck front lever pullups 3x5

> back lever static holds

> handstand paralette pushups wall 3x5

> glute ham raises 3x5

Cool down

> side split active flexibility stretch on rings

> front split active flexibility stretch on rings

> false grip static holds 60s

Thursday: same as Monday

Friday: same as Tuesday

Blairbob

Longer german hang to warmup. No presses? No ring supports?