Breathing

Started by Gerald Silberman, October 17, 2010 · 2 Replies · 2,457 Views

Gerald Silberman

Hello everyone,

I've been making good progression on FSP, particularly the back lever. Today was my 'test' day - I held the back lever with legs bent for 24 seconds. One thing I forgot to do was to take a big breath before I started. I had been holding this variation for 6 sets of 10 seconds - breathing wasn't an issue. Well, when I attempted to breath at about the 18 second mark, I found it nearly impossible to do without losing the position. I held on for 24 seconds, which was progress for me, but I began to wonder if these 'advanced' positions (well, advanced for me anyway), preclude breathing in order to maintain muscular tension. For those of you who have advanced to the more difficult FSP, are you able to breath at all in these positions?

My goal is to hold this variation for one minute before I progress - I imagine I can hold my breath for a minute, but I just wanted to check with al of you to see what your experience has been.

thanks,

Razz

Breathing will come with practice, not big breaths though, just small shallow breaths during high intensity exercise :)

Coach Sommer
Razz said:
Breathing will come with practice, not big breaths though, just small shallow breaths during high intensity exercise

Perfect explanation.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer