Hi all,
I'm a 33 year old gent, started training (weights) due to lower back issues, prolapsed disc basically :-( I had been advised to do some core strengthening and stability work but to be honest with little results, turns out, according to my physio I have not been engaging the core properly, so 4 months of what I thought was hard slog and for nothing as the back still feels weak! To boot I also noticed during my training a difference in muscle size to my right (dominant side) to the left, left being bigger.
While correcting form on chest press, I have now pulled some muscles in my shoulder on the right side and seems there are some shoulder and shoulder blade stablity issues too....jeees 83 not 33! Anyway, basically I want to to build a good strong physique, coupled with an absolute rock solid core to stop these back issues once for all! I have a young family and stopping myself doing things through worry of th eback going is getting to me. So I thought where better to ask for advice or some exercises to do than here? Gymnasts such as you guys have to have rock solid core strength and superb strength and stability, so over to you guys, help an old duffer if you can! ;-)