Dillon da new moderator!:)

Started by Alvaro, October 8, 2010 · 61 Replies · 15,585 Views

Newguy

Honestly the only reason I even started gymnastics is because I saw the 2008 Olympics, and thought hey what they are doing looks really easy (I thought the rings looked easiest!) :oops: :oops: :lol: So I proceeded to figure out just how wrong I was, and have been hooked ever since :D

Joshua Naterman
Newguy said:
Honestly the only reason I even started gymnastics is because I saw the 2008 Olympics, and thought hey what they are doing looks really easy (I thought the rings looked easiest!) :oops: :oops: :lol: So I proceeded to figure out just how wrong I was, and have been hooked ever since :D

HAHAHAHAHA!!! That is really, really funny! I think that out of all the men's events I thought that Pommel was hardest, right there with PB. I too did not realize quite how strong you have to be to compete on rings!

Newguy

They made it look soo effortless! I also noticed that they were insanely stacked. However I failed to put 2 and 2 together :)

Newguy
Dillon Zrike said:
The cool thing about understanding gymnastics is that you understand movement. All of a sudden you start looking at things differently and noticing some things you thought were insane before really aren't that hard and vice versa. The first thing that I noticed was I really wasn't that impressed with NFL players anymore.

Definitely true especially the vice versa bit!

Yeah NFL players... Meh :P After a day of football player a gymnast would be bruised, After a day of gymnastics, A football player would be dead :P:lol:

Sternford

Bowers have a pretty good look to them, especially if you start lying flat on the ground

Neal Winkler

Come on guys, don't get pulled in by the bias that everyone thinks what they do is better than what everyone else does.

Scott Malin
trianglechoke7 said:
Come on guys, don't get pulled in by the bias that everyone thinks what they do is better than what everyone else does.

I don't think any of us are saying that--at least speaking for myself it's more in good humor. The last two years of my life revolved around training Division I football and I respect anyone who puts hard work into what they enjoy doing whether it's gymnastics, football, or the NY Times crossword puzzle.

Online text doesn't carry tone well, so perhaps we should make sure we're diligent about including the :P or :D tag so it's clear when a statement has levity to it.

Newguy
coreathlete said:
trianglechoke7 said:
I don't think any of us are saying that--at least speaking for myself it's more in good humor.

You're speaking for me2, trust me, I got some respect for guys who are willing to get ran into by a 300 pound linebacker!!! (Also I have a little amazement that they do that as well :shock: )

Joshua Naterman

Oh yea, anyone who doesn't think the NFL players aren't great athletes should go work out with them. They work HARD, for the most part. 300+ lbs with a 4.anything in the 40 is like O_o!? + :shock: + *brain explodes*

Joshua Naterman

Yea, they are definitely HIGHLY specialized. As cool as all that is, I really like having most of that ability + everything I am gaining here much more!

Longshanks

Welcome to the forum. Your input & opinions will be highly valued here, especially with how much first hand experience you have with Coach Sommer. Thanks for taking the time on behalf of all.

Dillon Zrike

Thank you Longshanks.