Dillon da new moderator!:)

Started by Alvaro, October 8, 2010 · 61 Replies · 15,585 Views

Alvaro

Well the euromembers don't know you (yet?). Please say something to your public!!! :D

Just used "da" as a funny detail, "IF" somebody can not stand with it I'll remove it for ya! ;)

Cole Dano

Dillon this is Cole the skinny guy in Finland. Super glad to see you here on the forum and looking forward to your input!

Dillon Zrike

:D Well let's see. I started gymnastics when I was 15 (pretty late for a gymnast). I had wanted to do gymnastics for a long time and played around in some places but nothing serious. I knew nothing about Coach but just happened to go to his gym. Lucky for me! To give you an idea of how good Coach really is, my first year I competed level 7, in 2 years I was competing optionals level 8, and my third preparing for level 10. I decided to stop competing at that point but I kept training because simply put I love it. I definitely would say I owe all of my success to Coach, as I believe any other coach with less knowledge would not have been able to take me as far.

Anyway I'm glad to finally become a part of the forum and help you guys with any questions you may have. Coach is a busy man and there are many things I can answer, freeing up his time to work on the books. Any questions I don't know I will be able to answer very quickly as I see Coach on a daily basis ;)

My best piece of advice is to go to the seminars! Instructing at the seminars is one of my greatest joys. It is a great environment with great people. We are offering you a gold mine; it's up to you to grab the pick. I am excited to see you all again, I am excited to meet the newcomers, and I am very excited for Europe.

Newguy

Welcome to Da Dillon with the Insane last name :twisted:

Great to have a new mod, Especially one of coach's own athletes :D I'm The "NewGuy" I am 16 years old and Have been going to a gym for nearly 2 years, albeit not very seriously (1 hour a week :cry: ) And almost all of my strength training and knowledge has come from BtGb and this A-mazing forum. (Which I must say, I think I have surprised my coach, with my Static Strength & Knowledge of alot of things gymnastic :lol: )

~Raise's imaginary glass, and here gentleman is a toast to our new mod, Dillon!!!~ :wink:

Thanks,

The questionably Newguy

yuri marmerstein

excellent dillon

are there any videos of your training or competing?

Dillon Zrike
yuri said:
excellent dillon

are there any videos of your training or competing?

Actually I don't believe I have any videos of my competitions hahaha. Training wise I am in many of the videos posted by Coach. I'm the one performing ring strength 2, and the cirque rope climb among others. Those are back from when I was about 16 though. We will be posting newer stuff soon.

yuri marmerstein

ah, excellent

good to have you on the forum

Razz

Looking forward to seeing you in Europe Dillon! What's your strength like now and how old are you? Trying to get an impression of how much you've learned while being with coach :P

Scott Malin

Haha, glad to see you on here, buddy.

Razz, his strength is enough to drive anyone insane. To give you an idea, we drove up together for Ido's Flagstaff handstand workshop. Ido gave a particular exercise that helps you learn to counter-balance for one arm work while in a straddle. Each attempt, Dillon made huge improvement, and then went straight to doing spot work with Ido without the wall. It took me three weeks after to simply figure out how to even do the exercise correctly with my body....not to mention I'm still building up strength in the ending ROM of it. And then to take it off the wall is multiple degrees more difficult. Dillon's a beast and a great resource that we're lucky to have with us on the forums now. He genuinely embodies what this kind of training is about, and shows the quality of character so prevalent in all of Coach's athletes.

Dillon Zrike

Thank you Cory :oops:

Hey Razz I don't really know how to explain my strength but you will see where I'm at very soon. I'm currently 19, so I've been with Coach for 4 almost 5 years now.

Razz

From what I've heard it sounds like coreathlete is right :P I was thinking like..How long time can you hold a cross? can you hold a maltese, manna, stuff like that. But I guess I will see with my own eyes soon :mrgreen:

Newguy

Unless he has lost strength, Yes I think he is the guy doing the manna in the demonstration video

Dillon Zrike

Actually Newguy that is not me. The manna is the single exercise in BtGB I can not do :? The manna is only possible with hours of dedicated manna work. Time which sadly I did not take, although lately I have been working on correcting that mistake.

Samuel Carr

Coach Sommer i think once said he had some of his athletes on the paleolithic diet. Dillon, are you using this too?

Newguy
Dillon Zrike said:
Actually Newguy that is not me. The manna is the single exercise in BtGB I can not do :? The manna is only possible with hours of dedicated manna work. Time which sadly I did not take, although lately I have been working on correcting that mistake.

:oops: Oh, Well Glad you are fixing that now. How long do you think it will take you to get it?

Dillon Zrike

Element, I wish I was on the diet but when you're a poor college student it gets difficult to stay on track.

Newguy, I really don't know. It could take a couple months or a year or more. I don't like to schedule it out, I'm much happier when I just train and see what I can develop. It's a lot less stressful and a lot more fun to just see what happens. I personally suggest this philosophy for anyone trying to obtain these skills.

Newguy

Yeah, I agree, when I have set goals out for myself, that I "Have" To accomplish in a certain amount of time I tend to get frustrated when they don't come as easy as I thought they would!

Mehmet Yuce

Excuse my impatience here, but any idea when and where the next seminar would be? I've been drooling about the idea, but unfortunately can't make it to the upcoming one.

Coach Sommer

The Gymnastic Bodies USA based Seminars are held twice a year at my facility in Scottsdale, Arizona;

1) In May over the Memorial Day weekend

2) In September over the Labor Day weekend

I will open registration for the May 2011 GB Seminar once the forthcoming Mallorca GB Seminar has concluded.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Mehmet Yuce

Thank you Coach,

I will be looking forward to it.

Gregor

Welcome to the Forum Dillon!

Dillon Zrike

Thanks Gregor, I'm excited to be here!

Newguy

Hey Dillon,

You mentioned that it took hours of concentrated manna work to develop a manna. Can you expound on this, about how long a day did the people that have a manna work on it? Did they just use the progressions in the book for the concentrated work? What did there concentrated workout look like? (I.e 30 seconds L-sit, 30 seconds L-hang, 30 second Straddle L for warmup, concentrated manna work...)

Thanks

The still quite Newguy

Dillon Zrike

When I say concentrated manna work I'm talking about all progressions leading up to manna. During our warmup after stretching we would perform L-sit, MSH, and Straddle-L. These were held for 30s on the floor (due to time constraints we did not hold for 60s) but if anyone in the group dropped we would start time over. Some days would be one attempt and we all did it and others would be 15 minutes until we would all finally hold it.

Depending on your strength level throwing this approach in your warmup is a great way to stay on track. If you can not hold these positions for 60s start building your L-sit to 60s first then MSH and then straddle-L. Once these positions can be held for 60s then start working on pushing your hips forward during your MSH. Eventually you will be able to push your hips forward enough to get into the manna.

To clarify perform 1 set of 60s L-sit, 60s MSH, 60s Straddl-L, then spend a few minutes on pushing your hips forward on your MSH. The manna will not come quickly. This is why I say it takes hours, because these 5-10 minutes will add up over the months and possibly years before a manna is finally achievable.

Mats Trane

Hi Dillon

A couple of questions:

Did you do this every day?

How many hours/passes did you train a week ?

I have problems widening/spreading my legs wide apart during the straddle L/manna work, do you have a good exercise for this?

Thanks in advance