This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

Mikkel: Recovering, and basics

Started by Mikkel H.L., October 6, 2010 · 59 Replies · 2,642 Views

Mikkel H.L.

Training wednesday the 27th of october 2010

Volleyball at school.

Short training at home:

Short warmup

Wrist series

Ido squat clinic (this is great!)

GVT 10x10 for arms

Will train again friday.

Mikkel H.L.

Training friday the 29th of october 2010

Short warmup, Wrist routine, FSP, and 1x3 lightweight weight exercises.

RDL 3x3x40kg

Single leg squat training

partial Dragonflag 2x2

Pullup (Beginner slizzardman style) 3 reps of each grip 1 round.

and done. I was in a hurry :)

Mikkel H.L.

Training sunday the 31th of october 2010

Handball match in the morning. We lost because everyone had hangovers from halloween parties :oops:

went to the gym in the afternoon:

Warmup, statics, wrist routine, scapula x 4planes,

Deck squats/Deep squats 3 sets

GHR 3x5

Isometric dragon flag 2 sets of 15 sec total isometric

Hang leg raise 3x3 (bent legs)

Pseudo pushups 3x5

Pullups slizzardman style 1 round, 4 reps on regular pullups, 3 reps on others. (love this program)

a little training for traps, and done.

Cuban rotation,

Ido shoulder mobi/stabi,

Stretching.

Mikkel H.L.

Training tuesday the 2th of November 2010

Went to the gym after school:

Warmup, with statics, wrist routine etc.

1-legged glute bridge with 2 sek iso hold on top of each rep. 3x3 each leg

Windshield wipers on the floor 3x3

Partial dragonflag 1x3. I'm excited! getting bigger and bigger ROM :D

Inverted rows (way too easy, can't wait to use rings for rows) 3x5

some handstand work.

And wide grips pullups 1x5 (PR) and some hanging off the pullup bar.

Then i ran the dumbell rack for shrugs, did from 22kg down to 10 kg with 2 kgs interval with no rest. stopped 1 rep short of fail each time.

Then lots of food the next 4 hours :) Handball and GVT for arms along with some shoulder mobility tomorow :)

Mikkel H.L.

Training friday the 5th of November 2010

Warmup, scapula, wrist, statics, and workout:

RDL 3x3x40kg

1 legged squat training.

negative and partial dragon flags

Pullups slizzardman style 1 round of 3-4 reps each and 1 round of 2 reps each.

Deep PB dips 5x3

Today is the day christmas beer comes out in Denmark :) So I'm gonna get a few "Juleøl" tonight :twisted:

Razz

Sadly, as I'm trying out to be sober all of November, I had to skip j-day :( but I'm really curious to see how it'll benefit me being sober an entire month...It's been ages since I've been sober for more than 2 weeks in a row while still on a good workout schedule :S

Mikkel H.L.
Razz said:
Sadly, as I'm trying out to be sober all of November, I had to skip j-day :( but I'm really curious to see how it'll benefit me being sober an entire month...It's been ages since I've been sober for more than 2 weeks in a row while still on a good workout schedule :S

Hehe, well I haven't found alcohol to be bad for my training at all actually. I think this is mostly because lately I haven't got really drunk, just tipsy. I actually feel that I'm having more fun, and I'm always able to train the day after :D Only problem is the possible lack of sleep :roll: Will be interesting to see if it's going to benefit you. Make sure to write it in your log or something :wink:

Today i did a lot of mobility and stretching

Shoulder routine (IDO), Scapular mobilisation, wrist routine, and Ido squat clinic.

Then static stretching of the entire body. Took a little over an hour, and i feel great now. No hangovers at all after J-day :)

Mikkel H.L.

Training Sunday the 7th of november 2010

Handball match around 12:00.

Went to the gym around 19:00.

Warmup with wrist routine, statics, and 1x10 scapula each direction. also tested maxes on hollow hold and arch hold, around 40 sek each. So will now incorporate 2x20sec of those in warmup as well.

Then i did

GHR progression 3x3

Deck squats progression 3x5-10

Dragon flag isometric.

Hanging bent leg raise 3x5

Pullups 1 round 3 reps each

Handstand work, and headstand work. I tried to press up into a head stand and almost got there, just needed to straighten my legs!

I made lots of progress on the headstand today, so I'm excited. I'll go pick up my xtreme rings tomorrow, they ended up costing me way too much! :( The shipping was already expensive, on top of that i had to pay for the import which was 50 dollars so i payed 150 dollars for the rings ........

Razz

Yeah ordering anything from outside EU to Denmark gets ridiculously pricy :S But trust me, you will have them for a long time and you will be happy with them!

Mikkel H.L.
Razz said:
Yeah ordering anything from outside EU to Denmark gets ridiculously pricy :S But trust me, you will have them for a long time and you will be happy with them!

Sounds great :) I just got them today and they seem easy to setup, can't wait to go to the gym tomorrow :D

Today i did:

GVT 10x10 for arms

And stretching for the lower body (stretching upper body tomorrow)

Mikkel H.L.

Today wednesday the 10th of November 2010 workout

Warmup with statics (now included 2x20 hollow and arch hold), scapula, and wrist routine.

Then i tried rings for the first time and i did:

Ring pushups 3x4

Ring rows 3x5

It feel so different doing this on rings, and I think it's a lot more intense stimulation than weights. Expecting to be sore tomorrow, even though i held back alot.

Windshield wipers on floor 3x3

1 legged glute bridge 3x3 with 2 sec isometric hold on top of each rep.

partial dragonflag 1x3

Then some prehab for shoulder, and stretching of the upper body. Handball tonight, and tomorrow is rest day :)

Søren
The shipping was already expensive, on top of that i had to pay for the import which was 50 dollars so i payed 150 dollars for the rings ........

Haha i know how you feel.. I decided to order the rings, the book and the dvd's all at once this summer... Guess who got butt-fucked by the customs :lol: But the rings and the book are great though.. Unlike lots of other equipment the rings are actually pretty fun to play around with

Mikkel H.L.
Søren said:
The shipping was already expensive, on top of that i had to pay for the import which was 50 dollars so i payed 150 dollars for the rings ........

Haha i know how you feel.. I decided to order the rings, the book and the dvd's all at once this summer... Guess who got butt-fucked by the customs :lol: But the rings and the book are great though.. Unlike lots of other equipment the rings are actually pretty fun to play around with

hehe yeah it's great fun, and i think I'll enjoy them for a long time. I might be going to the USA to study next year so I'm definitely bringing them there :D

Mikkel H.L.

Training today

Warmup with wrist routine, statics and scapula.

RDL 3x3x40kg

some different quad dominant stuff.

Dragonflag partials 3x3

HLR bent knee 1x3

Dips 3x5 really deep and slow

Pullups 2 rounds not so many reps today.. :(

Some prehab. Going to get lots of nice sleep tonight :D

Mikkel H.L.

Training sunday the 14th of november

Handball match, played 25 mins, then i hurt my knee. Couldn't play anymore and skipped leg training today.

Training at the playground with rings :)

quick upper body warmup with statics.

Rings:

Inverted rows 3x5

Pushups 3x5

Bent leg HLR 3x5

Handball tomorrow if my knee is okay :)

Mikkel H.L.

Training tuesday the 16th of November 2010

little warmup

Arch and hollow position 2x20sec each.

GVT 10x10 for arms

Shoulder stretching, scapula mobility and wall slides.

Tomorrow I will do a fullbody workout and increase all my statics to 3x20sec up from 2x15 sec

Søren
I might be going to the USA to study next year so I'm definitely bringing them there :D

Interesting.. What are you going to study if you go there? Sorry for being OT :oops:

Razz

Please do tell how the heck you finance that, I was gonna study in the states but the cost stopped me..

Mikkel H.L.

Hehe, offtopic is fine :) I'm not studying anything special, just a year in high school. Like a danish tenth grade or "efterskoleår" before I start in the danish high school :)

-> Razz: I'm paying (or my parents are.... :oops: ) around 70.000 danish kroner and then we get around 10.000 back from the government I think. We're you going to take a high school year as well?

Mikkel H.L.

Training wednesday the 17th of November 2010

Warmup, Statics 3x20secs today, was definitely tearing up my energy and strength, but I think it's just a matter of getting used to extra volume. Maybe it's because i have 8 statics now with 1 minute each, it takes just as long time as my workout :)

Deadlift. First time in a long time that I do this, it feels great. I think I'll incorporate it into the program with focus on technique.

1x3x40kg

1x3x50kg

1x3x70kg

Calves 3x10x30kg

Pullups 1 round of 3reps each grip. and 2/5 round with 3 reps and 5 reps, couldnt finish round 2, was in a hurry :)

Handstand work

Windshield wipers on floor

2x3reps

Razz

Ah right highschool, cool man! I did my highschool in Qatar in an American highschool and was gonna go to uni in the states, but uni is like 25-35k $ so a bit more than highschool :P and well..since it's free in Denmark I ended up going here.

Mikkel H.L.
Razz said:
Ah right highschool, cool man! I did my highschool in Qatar in an American highschool and was gonna go to uni in the states, but uni is like 25-35k $ so a bit more than highschool :P and well..since it's free in Denmark I ended up going here.

Well how was high school outside of Denmark? Wasn't it awesome? I can't wait, really hope that I get to go!

Training yesterday Friday the 19th of November 2010:

My elbow hurt a little thursday and very little friday so I took an extra rest day, and just did some squat.

short warmup and 3x20sek arch and hollow hold, and prehab.

3 rounds of:

3 jump squats

5 rep front squat (controlled) 30kilos

15 rep bottom bw squats fast reps.

I'll probably do upper body later today :)

Mikkel H.L.

Training today Saturday 20th November 2010

Warmup and statics 3x20sec, ido shoulder mobility

Cuban rotation 3x5x15kilo barbell

some hanging from pullup bar with wide grip

Incline DB bænk 2x10x16kg and 2x8x16kg

Pulldowns 15x30kg 12x40kg 2x10x50kg 8x50kg

Some more hanging,

Shoulder mobility and stabilisation. stretching.

taking a little care of my Elbow atm

Mikkel H.L.

Training Sunday the 21st of November 2010

warmup and dynamic stretching

explosive Deadlift focus on technique

3x40kg

3x50kg

3x70kg

Partial GHR

3x3

3 rounds with 2 minutes rest between of:

HLR (knees) 3reps

Ankle grab situps 10 reps

Arch hold 10 sec

Hollow hold 10 sec

Calf raise 3x6x35kg

Hangs from pullupbar and stretching of lowerbody.

Mikkel H.L.

Handball training today :) Gym tomorow