Doing to much at once?

Started by kombatmaster7, May 26, 2008 · 1 Replies · 2,513 Views

kombatmaster7

Hola everybody! I'm new to this site.

Over the past couple of days I've read

over some articles and come to love

Coach Sommer's exercises.

What I want to accomplish are:

-Side Lever Pulls

-Manas

-Walking L-Sits

-Full Planches

-Full Front Lever Pulls

-Walking Handstands

I understand that these techniques will take

a lot of time and effort.

My questions are:

Is training for all these skills at once a bad idea?

can it be done?, Should I just focus on one?

I have done kung fu for 2 years and am pretty

darn fit, but I don't want to overwhelm myself

or do anything unhealthy.

Any thoughts?

-kombat

Ari

Training them all at once will force you to devote less time to each skill, but the abilities developed in some skills will probably carryover to other skills to a great extent. If you really want to do that (I wouldn't do that - too much to concentrate on, might take longer to develop skills and therefore drain motivation), give it a shot. If you get the results you want, carry on. If not, modify your program.

See this thread for a discussion of "training too much" (NOT OVERTRAINING!!!).