This question is in regards to the FSP warm-up of all 6 static holds before each WOD. I have been doing half of my max hold for each static and then doing that many sets until aggregate time equals 60sec. This takes an extremely long time (considering 30-50 sec of rest between sets) and causes my WOD to take upwards of 2 hours and i feel pretty drained after.
I noticed that in slizzardman's FSP warm-up video that he only does two 30 sec sets of relatively easy variations for each hold (with perfect form) and this only takes him about 10-15 minutes. Is this okay to do? Because it seems like he could easily move on to a harder variation or a longer hold and that would mean that he's not doing half of his MAX hold....
Because i feel pretty drained after doing it the way I've been doing, and it takes a long time, I'm thinking of shortening it by doing what slizzardman does. But at the same time im thinking its simply a matter of me toughening it out until i build more endurance. Im also afraid of that if i revert back to easier progressions so that i can hold sets of 30 sec, it will decrease the load and have a negative impact on my strength and progress.... I've also been considering doing two sets of 30 sec holds for 5 of the FSPs, and then doing half my max hold for sets (to 60 sec) for whatever variation I'm capable of (as long as I can do the previous one for at least 60sec in 1 hold) for 1 FSP. And then rotating them out, having my primary focus on a different one during each warm-up and then keeping it simple and quick for the other 5... What do you guys think?