Hello. This is my 1st post to this forum though I have been watching for a while. I was hoping I could get a critique on my routine. It is based roughly on the BTGB book but incorporating what I could find on prerequisites. Basically I am trying to make sure that I'm not skipping any prerequisites or leaving any gaping holes in my program. Thanks a lot for your suggestions.
I am planning on doing steady state training. I work out 3 days per week approximately 45 minutes per day. I have been pairing all exercises (except warmup) into supersets and resting 1 minute between each pair.
Hand warmup -
got this from Ido's page:
wrist stretches in different directions
knuckle pushups
fingertip pushups
wrist pushups using back of hands (on knees REALLY piked)
wrist pushups using front of hands (on my knees but not piked)
1st superset - 3 supersets with 1 minute rest between each superset
handstand with chest against the wall 30 seconds Hands are a few inches from the wall.
L-sit with chest up - 11 seconds
2nd superset - 3 supersets with 1 minute rest between each superset
back lever 1/2 lay 6 seconds
planque 15s with straight arms and shins wresting on elbows [i think for me this is a wrist exercise]
3rd superset (for the 3rd superset I do a pair of dynamic push/pull exercises. Each pair is done one day of the week.)
Sat.
dips - 5 on rings with 5 lb weight in a backpack
reverse yewkis 5 adv tuck
Mon.
PPP+ 3
adv tuck row 5
Wed.
headstand push up negative - pause 5 s at the top, 1/4 down, 1/2 down, 3/4 down and at the bottom
false grip pullups (hoping to get a muscle up one day
) - 5 pulling rings to my chest
4th superset
working toward frontsplit - doing isometric stretch plan taken from Tsatsouline's Relax Into Stretch book
bridge work - go into bridge and alternately lift my right then left foot or do pushups or whatever else I might feel like doing while in a bridge.
Thanks for reviewing my plan!