Time to train seriously

Started by bertramlevaughn, August 24, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,411 Views

bertramlevaughn

Having had the gymnastic bodies book for almost a year I have to admit that I have not commited to the Gymnastic Strength Training™. I've dibbed and dabbed a bit but never consistently stuck to the programme, but having read so many casses of strength improvement, not just gymnastically (if that's a word!!!!) but also across other athletic endeavours, I feel it's time to begin the Gymnastic Bodies programme and enjoy the improvents gained. Post back after my first cycle.

Leandro

Then go man! I also had the book for some time and this week I started the wods! God I'm still tired lol....

Joshua Naterman

Yea! Regardless of where you think your strength is at, try and do the WODs. At first you'll be scaling them WAY down but you will make excellent progress!

bertramlevaughn

Thanks for the advice!!! I think I will start the very first WOD posted on this website then work from there!

Guest

There's no need to go back to the first WOD - just join in with tomorrow's workout. It is a cycle of workouts that repeats every couple of weeks (not necessarily with the exact same exercises but rather maximum strength and dynamic workouts for pushing, pulling, legs, core etcetera).

Joshua Naterman

That's right, you'll really be wasting a lot of time if you do what you propose, because you'll have to dig around and find them AND you'll be by yourself. The WODs have evolved some since then and it is important to use the best tool available, not the very first version of it. It is also nice to know that a bunch of other people are doing the same thing you are, so that you can see the difficulties they have and get more ideas on how to scale things.