Rings received - where to start

Started by Mathias Flækøy, August 24, 2010 · 5 Replies · 2,619 Views

Mathias Flækøy

Hello! I've been doing these WODs for about 1 1/2 weeks, and are looking forward to carry on. I finally recieved my rings today, so I would really like to just test them out. Would it be OK if i did that tomorrow? Is there also some exercises I should begin with - as a testout? I suppose a supporthold would be fine, but is there any other exercises - maybee ring pushups?

There is another queastion that i also need to get answered. We are training M/T/T/F - and out of my knownledge you should never train the same muscle two days consecutive (can i use that word here? :oops: ). Aren't we doing that?

Thanks, Hannibal.

Guest

Congratulations, you will enjoy your rings! I would just go ahead and use them in the WODs, I don't think there's any need for specific preparations other than just trying them out and have fun with them (and be sure to check you buckled them the right way of course ;))

Simple exercises that feel very different on rings the first time (trust me) are pushups, dips, and L-sits :twisted: and don't underestimate the full ring support (elbows locked, rings turned out 45°, not touching the straps.

Enjoy!

Mathias Flækøy

Thanks! :mrgreen:

Neal Winkler

The GB WOD does not always train the same muscle groups two days in a row. But anyways, the idea that you should NEVER train the same muscle groups two days in a row is simply false. For example, olympic weightlifters work their legs multiple sessions per day, 5-6 days per week. You're body will adapt.

Blairbob

Hannibal it might be a good idea to test several things:

Support hold or pushup hold.

Hanging L hold.

Dips or pushups or rows or pullups.

Inverted hang in straight, tuck, or pike. Be careful with the german hang but by all means play with getting into it.

Mathias Flækøy

Wow! Dips are extramely hard on rings!! I'm looking forward to use them tomorrow, although im really sore