Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

does circuit training have it's place in gymnastics?

Edward Smith

does you guys think circuit training has it's place in gymnastics conditioning, I mean do you thinks it's a good way to train once or so a week, every training session, unnecessary, waste of time. And if you do it is it better to do upper, mid and lower body circuits seperately or intertwined?

Guest Ido Portal

Of course.

At my training center we use a form of bodyweight conditioning circuit for general physical preparation, anaerobic endurance and basic strength. I created a routine called 'the key'. (Its a joke in hebrew, 'key' means 'vomit'...)

I remember coach sommer mentioning once his own circuit called 'the hungarian routine', maybe he can elaborate more about the subject and provide us an example.

Of course circuit training will of course help you, I think the sole purpose of circuit training is develop a tolerance for these workouts so they become easier, kind of like conditioning.

I would ask Sommer on the types of circuits because when I hit of the weights I usually do the meat head workouts, bench, clean you know the rest, but I always make room for dips pull ups and deltoid work.