This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100819

Started by Coach Sommer, August 19, 2010 · 28 Replies · 3,354 Views

Saber2

This was tougher than I thought it was gonna be.

Warm up/ stretch

3 sets of:

Embedded BL(Tuck, left leg out, right leg out) + 5 tempo L chins on xr. Holding the L at parallel was challenging)

Embedded XR L sits + 5,5,2 Tempo HeSPU (I have been cheating myself because I would lower myself as much as I could then go back up. The last set I made sure I went head to ground, which only resulted in two reps. More work and discipline is needed in this area) Also holding the L sits also fried my shoulder because the last set I was shaking pretty heavily

Embedded FL + 5 HLL to L. Nothing was high enough where I trained so it really was like a hanging knee raise transitioning into a hanging leg raise.

10 Bridge walks (each rep followed by a toe touch)

Wheelson

It appears I fell asleep before posting yesterday's workout -it happens

so I did three rounds of:

german hang -->advanced tuck bl pull to inverted hang -->advanced tuck bl hold (15 seconds) then 5 tempo l sit chins as prescribed

XR support --> Full L-sit hold 15 seconds -->xr support then drop I did 5x5 second hespu negatives with a one second hold at the bottom of each rep

hang-->pull to inverted hang (adv tuck)-->15 seconds adv tuck fl hold-->lower to hang. then 5 HLL slow tempo, but not quite as slow as prescribed.

finished the workout with 10 bridge wall walks (these are getting better each try =D)

Max Johnson

My first WOD! Apologies for the delayed post.

Please consult my workout log for the story of how I came to start the WODs last Thursday. They seem great, but I still need to sort out my schedule of prehab/stretching.

Workout:

Warmup:

Starjumps, machine sprints.

FSP warmup:

2 x (15s bent straddle + 15s low L hang)

2 x (15s planche lean + 15s reverse pushup)

2 x (15s bent l-sit + 15s german hang)

WOD:

Warmup with 2x5 chinups and 2x5 box HeSPU)

3x (15s german hang, 20s rest, 5 bad tempo low l chinups, 2min rest)

3x (15s bent l-sit, 20s rest, 5 HeSPU negatives, 2min rest)

3x (15s low l-hang, 20s rest, 5 tuck half leg lifts, 2min rest)

10 bridge wall walks

Notes:

I’m trying to take things cautiously here, so only 2x15s in the FSP warmup to begin with.

  • [*:9i955rzg]Straddle work is completely new to me, and it feels like it’s definitely going to help my development. I do these and the bent l-sits on a elevated flat surface, only hands forward for the moment, but I’m unsure how much I should be “pressing down†and lifting myself up – I assume as much as possible, like in a handstand?
    [*:9i955rzg]I can’t get my hips high in tuck FL – my shoulders just feel terrible – so I guess it’s best to start out with getting a strong L-hang like I’m trying to here?
    [*:9i955rzg]Planche leans are also completely new to me – I can do a decent 60s frogstand but I don’t have a 2s floor l-sit let alone 3x30s so I’ll stay here for the moment and move my hands backwards slowly.
    [*:9i955rzg]As for beginning reverse pushups, I’m actually finding them kinda hard – my triceps were aching lots the next day.
    [*:9i955rzg]I haven’t worked L-sits much either, but I’m expecting to increase my work here up to the 2x30s within a few weeks.
    German hangs are pretty tough – way harder than holding a decent tuck BL for 30s. I can get my body nearly vertical, but my feet definitely need to be helping out. I probably won’t bring these up to 2x30s that quickly.

  • [*:9i955rzg]This is my first workout in a week and a half, meaning that the low l-chinups weren’t as trivial as they should’ve been. I’ve never really worked l-chinups or l-pullups, though.
    [*:9i955rzg]The HeSPU negatives are with my hands quite wide and a not-so-controlled descent right at the bottom. But they’re not too taxing.
    [*:9i955rzg]I don’t have any stall bars, so making sure I keep the correct form in the leg lifts is quite difficult. This is another new exercise, as I often skipped the legs and core parts of my killroy70 program due to lack of time, or only worked the deck squat and v-up progressions. I can’t lift my straight legs anywhere near horizontal yet, so I mostly did them bent rather than low straight.

  • [*:9i955rzg]My bridge wall walks are definitely getting lower.

Brendan Coad

My WOD:

Tuck BL 15 seconds ; 2 knees bent L-chinups X3

L-Sit Legs straight below parallel 15 seconds ; HSPU 3 books under my head 5 reps X3

Tuck FL 15 seconds ; HLL 5 reps. Only brought legs slightly above parallel and usually only got to parallel or slightly below by the 5th rep.

5 reps Bridge Wall Walks X2

Chinups were tempo and full dead hang so I couldn't get out of the hang after the 2nd rep. HSPU were tempo with the small ROM I used. HLL were not tempo.