I tried my first proper WOD yesterday, and it's obvious I'm going to be scaling way down for quite some time. Now my question is about the best way to do this. A lot of the info in BtGB doesn't correlate exactly with the themes of the WODs, I'm guessing because a lot of the stuff (dynamic strength, etc.) is set to be covered in forthcoming volumes.
Since the info in BtGB often doesn't cover a WOD movement or doesn't provide adequately scaled-down variations (for my abilities/equipment), where's the best place to look for this info? Is the solution to just ask about each movement in question?
For example, I struggle to hold the first step of manna from BtGB for even 6 sec., but searching the forums I came across slizzard's suggestion of holding a pushup position with the back facing the ground. What comes after that? Is it just a matter of performing forum searches and asking questions each WOD until one gets the basics?
Speaking of basics, is there a minimum standard one ought to be able to hold a static position before using them in the warmup. I've read a couple of different things (15-20 sec.), both of which lead me to search for an easier Manna progression.
Thanks for your patience with a gymnastics newcomer.