This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

WOD - 100816

Started by Coach Sommer, August 16, 2010 · 15 Replies · 2,672 Views

Coach Sommer

yR4T2fvXHKg

Complete four rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Runs

20’ Wheels

60 sec Swinging dips

20’ L-sit walks

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

notes:

1) Move immediately from the HS Wall Runs to the Wheels.

2) After the Wheels move immediately to the Swinging Dips.

3) After the Swinging Dips move immediately to the L-sit Walks.

4) Rest 2-3 minutes between rounds

5) Scale the movements as necessary to allow the correct repetition range to be performed for a given movement.

Razz

UFF sounds like a real killer!

Saber2

Scaled WAAAAAYYYY DOWN lol

I first tried it as proscribed and was not able to come anywhere near the desired time levels. Also the 20' movements also very tender. I figure this would be one of those days where I need to scale everything down.

The remaining 3 rounds

60s Pike Runs. (Instead of feet on wall put them on a chair or box)

30s Hot Hands (Pushup with two blocks and your hands go from blocks to ground and back)

60s Bench Dips

30s Plank

2x10 Wrist pushups against the wall

I can't believe how sore I still was from Saturday. Doesn't help that yesterday was not a full recovery day either.

Notes to training: Next time coach does 10 min runs I will attempt them in a pike position, for the endurance can be improved. I will then progress by putting my legs higher and or adding a weight vest. I think this might be ideal for progressions for HS Wall Runs.

Guest

Okay, back to working the WODs after a few days 'off' due to the flu. Scaled down today's WOD to the following:

Completed three rounds:

60 sec HS Wall Runs (20 touches left and 20 touches right, each round)

6 m of wheels

60 sec Swinging in XR support and playing with small ROM Swinging Dips

6 m of L-sit walks (1 leg on the floor, rounds 1 and 3) and Ag Walks (round 2)

Finished with 2x10 Wrist pushups - on my knees

Notes:

0) I did three rounds instead of four because I felt a slight pain in my right hand near the ring finger 'base knuckle' during the HS Wall Walks. It's gone already as I'm writing this but I didn't want to push it, since I haven't really practiced HS Wall Walks for time before.

1) I needed short rests to catch my breath between the HS Wall Runs and the Wheels (about 10-15 s).

2) I used a timer for the HS Wall Runs and counted 20 touches to the left and 20 touches to the right shoulder. These were quite slow. In the second round I stopped after 20 touches to each shoulder but these went much faster - I had about 15 seconds left! In order not to drain myself, I stayed at 20 touches per shoulder for the third round, thinking that I would average around 50-55 seconds per round. This session of HS Wall Runs surprised me quite a bit, as I have never done more than about 10 touches per shoulder. I must admit that my hands are about 10-12 inches from the wall and I did notice some arching in my back every now and then, so my form is definitely not where it should be yet.

3) First time doing wheels - they were fun but I piked quite abit and I rose quite high off the floor.

4) On the XR, I used the first part of each round to swing in XR support (small ROM) just to get a feel for it. Then I did Forward Swinging Dips with a very small ROM, again to get a feel for the movement. At my current abilities this feels more like skill work than strength work, but I liked it :)

5) Before today, I performed the scaled-down wrist pushups on my knees and I just bent the wrists with straight arms. Today is the first time I did the full ROM pushup movement. Still on my knees of course, but it felt like a step forward! :D

Kenneth Manning

This one was TOUGH.

4 rounds:

A1) HS wall runs 60sec, 60, 55, 60 (third set just hit a wall, rebounded on the last one)

A2) single clap pushups 10, 10, 10, 10

A3) swinging PB dips 10, 10, (7+3), (7+3) -- these sets didn't quite take 60 seconds, more like 35-50 depending on how many swings I inserted between dips; also I should note that the depth on some of my dips was lacking - I was trying to get upper arms to parallel, but my triceps were getting trashed)

A4) L-sit "scoots" 20' all 4 rounds (here, I would raise into an L-sit for a one second hold and then push myself forward with both hands, raise back up into an L-sit for 1 second, push forward, etc... This seemed to be tougher for me than the 1 leg raised L-sit walk)

2x10 wrist pushups on knees

*I was actually surprised I was able to complete (nearly) all 4 HS wall runs for 60 sec, was happy with the effort there

*It's plainly evident to me that I need a lot of work in the upper body power exercises. I'm not getting much height on my single clap pushups, just enough to get the clap in. Looking for improvement here...

*one other note - I too was counting shoulder touches during HS wall runs (helps keep my focused) and found that I averaged 70 touches (35/shoulder) each minute.

Stewart Whaley

FSP warmup

Adv tuck FL / German Hang

L-Sit / Reverse Pushup Holds (static AG Walk position)

2x straddle back lever to G. hang

4x 60 sec HS Wall Runs

pushups 20, 15, 15, 10

60 secs explosive dips (pushing off the bars at the top) 1 set body weight, 2,3,4 weight assisted

2x L-sit walk on extended dip bars, 2x reverse AG Walks 20 feet

2x10 wrist pushups plus some extras (dorsal, on knees, etc)

Wore my boxing wraps througout the 4 rounds but not during the wrist work at the end.

Wrists are limiting a lot of my pushing work - any prolonged effort with hands bent forward like a HS.

Going to stick w/ wraps during the dynamic days and keep plugging away with wrist pre/rehab.

SorenPA

I did todays WOD scaled down to:

FSP warm up

3 rounds of the following:

60 sec HS wall runs - around 5 touches each shoulder. Followed by 3 touches each shoulder after a 30 sec rest.

20' wheels. I could not do full circles yet, so I did half circles instead.

60 sec of single bar dips, done as explosively as I could. (I have no access to P-Bars or rings :cry: )

10' of L-sit walks, straight legs, heels touching (no pauses though).

Finished off with 10xwrist pushups on knees.

This WOD was really tough on the triceps, certainly hit shoulders too 8)

Cody Clark

What would be good substiute for wheels, would clapping pushups be good to.

Joshua Naterman

Yes, a very good substitution. Each time something like this comes up, concentrate on going higher with the clap, and then when you think you can try to do smaller arm circles, and eventually you'll be doing the full Wheel!

Cole Dano

4 rounds

60 hand lifts

10 Clapping PUs

2 x 30 secChair Swings with small dip on

10m Foot Push

This was another of Coach's ego checkers!

It all looks so simple and yet felt very hard, ending on the l-sit walk didn't help as it is just shocking how hard it is to move, esp after all the other similar arm work with the walk walks and claps.

I did try to get by with minimal breaks but non- stop is not here yet.

Joshua Naterman

I guess my WOD post fizzled. Bummer!

I made videos of all 4 rounds, 2 rounds per video. Not bad, eh?

wall runs: 40s, 30s, 30s, 20s

plyo push ups: 10, 3x 7-9.

swinging dips: various easier versions, not even CLOSE to 60s. That is absolutely brutal to even think about! I can't wait until I can do that hehehe!

L sit walks: 20' left foot up, 20' right foot up, 10' trying to do Killroy's evil new scaled down version! :P No 4th set. Too wrecked.

2x10 wrist push ups on the stairs, pretty good incline. I have a video of that too. The internet is super slow right now so my uploads are taking forever.

Joshua Naterman

xdgkU-UwDoM

dmImpldvjoI

Brendan Coad

My workout today

HS wall runs

10 reps 50 second hold, 10 reps 45 second hold, 10 reps 30 second hold, 10 reps 30 second hold

Clapping Pushups

10,7,7,5

Swinging dips

30 seconds, 30 seconds, 30 seconds, 25 seconds. Very small ROM

Ag Walks 20 feet

2 trips forward, 2 trips backward, 1.5 trips forward, 2 trips backward

Man this was a killer workout when you move straight from one exercise to the next.

2X10 wrist pushups. Lost my balance on the first set, looks worse than it was, nothing bad actually happened. Obviously now I just need to work on making it smooth and controlled. Will still be doing from knees for warmup routine though.

G35-8rcHqvo

certaintragedy

This was my first WOD I am hooked.

I did four rounds:

pike position on a bench and just walked back and forth along it. 60/50/50/45 seconds

clapping 10 clapping pushups

swinging dips I did 10/9/8/8 didn't make a full minute roughly 35-40 seconds

one legged l sits. the other leg supported as i waked 20feet. I legs half way.

I felt a strong workout in my abdominals during the pike wall walks and the l-sits.

Lars Nävert

Really fun and tough WOD

Warmup:

Shoulder mobility with stretchband

5 minutes support work on rings and about 12 minutes of frontlever work (including rest times)

For the WOD i did

4 rounds

60 seconds Piked wall runs with feet on a tall box

6 explosive pushups

60 seconds ring dips with feet on a box infront of me

20 seconds tucked L-seat

and rested 3 minutes between rounds

Tried the wrist pushups but they need some work before I can do them

Razz

Another great video Slizzardman, loving the moving clapping pushups :D thought of mounting some diagonal stabilizers on those pbars?