Hi
I have just read Coach Sommer's book "Building the Gymnastic Body" - very good book.
I'm still not quite sure about how to train. I have read through the forum and through some of the logs but it seems like most of you are very skilled and have more advanced programs - but maybe it's just me.
I would be glad if some of you could critique my program. ![]()
I'll be training M/W/F
In the beginning I'll seperate FSP and FBE and later I'll do the integrated stuff.
My FSP and FBE will both be done with the steady state cycle.
A little info about me and my goals:
I'm 18 years old and from Denmark. 2 years ago I started bodybuilding/strengttraining in a gym. Half year ago I stopped because my teammate stopped and then I decided to do my training at home.
I do some cardiotraining too - normally three times a week on my bike.
Saturday I ride motocross.
My training plan for the week will look like this:
Monday: Interval training on the bike(30min. - 90 min.) and train
Tuesday: Rest (Work)
Wednesday: Interval training on the bike (30min. - 90 min.) and train
Thursday: Rest
Friday: Long ride (60 min. - 120 min.) and train
Saturday: Motocross
Sunday: Rest/tumpling/skill work
Maybe I'll change my working day so I work on monday and then I can have a rest day on friday so I'm ready for my motocross on saturday.
Goals
Running: 3200 meter in 12 min.
Cycle: Ride 60 km in less than 120 min. (average speed of 30 km/h)
Gymnastic: Doublle front flip, back flip, doubble flick, front flip with 1½ twist to back flip.
Strenght: 100 push-ups, 2x bodyweigth deadlift, 1,5x bodyweight squat, 90 kg benchpress, do one HSPU, one muscle up, one OAC, one Erbs.
Gymnastic skill: Obtain a planche, front lever and manna, human flag for 10 sec
Motocross: Top 10 overall next year - get in top 3 in one race.
I'll shift between workout 1 and 2.
Week 1: M (1) W(2) F(1)
Week 2: M (2) W(1) F(2) and so on.
Workout 1
Warm-up (5-10 min.)
FSP: (60 sec.) Rest: 45-90 sec.
L-sit
Front lever
Manna
Planche
FBE:
3 sets of 3-5 reps
2120 or 3130
Push-up/pull-up
V-ups/Deck squat
Muscle up
Stretching:
Will be like this: http://agt.degreesofclarity.com/stretching/
Prehab:
Wrist
Shoulder
Workout 2
Warm-up (5-10 min.)
FSP: (60 sec.) Rest: 45-90 sec.
Back lever
Straddle-L
Planche
Manna
FBE:
3 sets of 3-5 reps
2120 or 3130
Dips/curls
HSPU/row
HLL/SLS
Archups/GHR
Stretching:
Will be like this: http://agt.degreesofclarity.com/stretching/
Prehab:
Wrist
Shoulder
How much rest between my FBE?
How does it look?