Hey! I'm training gymnastics since october, but, In april I had a serious sprain in my ankle, and I'm still recovering and I intend to return next month. Meanwhile I'm lifting weights, training FSP and some FBE, and flexibility.
My intention is, starting next month, to follow the WODS, and go to the gym and train in these days. Also, I wanna put weight lifting, after the training, in tuesdays and fridays (so I have a full rest day the day after). My goals are gymnastic strength and some more hipertrophy. I feel like the weightlifting kinda complement things in this area, but I'm afraid they will have a negative impact on the wods. The weigth training wil target one muscle group per train, so I hit everything every 2 or 2,5 weeks.
The train we do at the gym is always the same, we start with a heavy warm up, with running, jumping, sprinting, full body mobility, stretching, HS, HS press, HS walks, rolls. Then we always train tumbling, each person on his level. My case is cartweels, roundoff, frontspring, backflip, front and back somersault, etc. Then we train skills on a specific event, varing each day. Strength and conditioning are kinda free (that's where the WODS come in). The gym training is at night, everyday at 19:00(I can go anyday).
Here are some info to have a base:
31 years old
1,82 cm
91 kg (still need to lose about 3-4 kg of fat)
Some actual max holds and max rep (they are not 100% precise):
30s adv frog stand, 3-5s tuck planche
20-25s tuck FL and BL, 8-10s adv. tuck FL and BL
15s Lsit (10s good form only)
Press Hs comes easy when I'm at my max hips rom, strength is not an issue to do it, but flexibility.
8-10 pul ups
10-12 PB full rom dips
4-5 HeSPU (stomach to wall, lower till face touch the floor, all slowly performed)
10 HLL (lift to L)
working on MU transition right now
So the questions.
- Is it ok to do the WODS anytime in the day? At morning or it's better right before gym training?
- Will the hipertrophy train with weights have a negative impact on strength gains from the wods?
- Isn't all this too much?
Any coments are welcome =)