Can I use 5 kilos dumbbell?

Started by klops3style, August 5, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,398 Views

klops3style

Can I use 5 kilos dumbbell besides my own body for variety my training?

klops3style

HMMM..

toasty

should this really even be a question? and why specifically 5kg haha.

Alex Dienaar

The only thing useful I can imagine 5 kilos dumbells for is :

External Rotations (Lying, sitting-arm on leg, Cuban Press)

Seated Trap-3 Raises

Back Lever - Maltese - Planche dumbell raises

Oh and the answer is yes, you can, but don't expect too much from them. Unless you use them for the things that I just listed, and progressive overload is still necessary for those exercises (so I hope you have a way of adding weight).

But the 5kg dumbells won't nearly provide the stimulus necessary for any other muscle group to invoke strength/mass gains.

klops3style

I do not want to take the weight, but I would get more power in their hands to handstand, one handstand etc. and get body sculpture.