Post your PRs and best achievements

Started by Razz, July 29, 2010 · 43 Replies · 9,835 Views

gymgreg

Great work everybody!

After incorporating some Side Lever Negative Pulls in my workouts over the past weeks, today i tried the Human Flag.

And I was really surprised that i'm suddenly able to hold it for a couple of seconds.

mlJXjRWUQjc

Guest

I'm wouldn't say I think of anything I do (training-wise) as 'achievements' - I'm too much of a beginner. BUT I'm very happy to say that today I did my very first HeS Pushup (starting from the bottom position in HeS, without momentum). And it was actually pretty easy. I remember that I couldn't move even a millimeter not that long ago. Although I've been lurking/semiactive on the forum for a year I haven't trained seriously until I started doing the WODs in early July and this is definite proof I am getting stronger!!

It's a small step but for me it feels like a giant leap :D :D :D

Joshua Naterman

Nice! I am beginning to be able to do freestanding HeSPU, which is pretty sweet! I'm pretty thrilled with everything though. My standing broad jump is now 9 feet or so, and I may well be at that 10 foot mark by January. I don't have a good way to measure vertical, unfortunately.

Tarun Suri

Achieved a 60s frogstand today. Time to start advanced frogstand.

Patrick Angelo Sardilli

Strict Bar Muscle Up and 5 unbroken Slow XR Wide Muscle Ups

Wheelson

well not the most exciting things gymnastic wise, but I did my first full lay back lever, muscle up, and 10 second freestanding handstand in the past month

-other things I'm proud of:

28 second freestyle 50m

5:30 Mile

-and I learned to do the butterfly fairly well this summer =)

Animalonfire

Full ROM HSPU

Roundoff>BHS>Back

"Proper" hip movement in RHK

Alessandro Mainente

today...first weighted muscle up with +15 kg...

Newguy

Here are my 3 latest achievements that I am rather proud of :twisted:

Human Flag, 1 1/2- 2 Seconds (That thing KILLS the...Well...EVERYTHING!!!)

Pike Press HS (Strangest thing, I got this before I got my straddle anyone know why?)

Almost no assistance SLS (Awesomeness, a couple weeks ago before I went to bed I just started doing 2 SLS on each leg, now I am almost able to do the without assistance on both legs :D )

Sternford

I started consistently doing handstand holds against the wall just a month ago, and saw my freestanding time jump from a shaky 5-10 seconds to a more consistent 20-30 seconds without doing any specific freestanding work

ashita

Proud of my last record , 4 Free fingertips HSPU and a 10 sec Free fingertips HS.

Mikko Saks

Thought i´d post my small achievements here so i can check back in a another year and see how i´ve improved.

Begun training BtGB style 11months ago, instantly went and bought rings also. I used to lift weights and play icehockey, but i had a 2year break from almost any kind of training before i got into BtGB.

At the moment im proud that i´ve improved my free handstand from zero to about 25-30seconds. Also, i got my first muscle-up just last week, and also started training handstand in rings, 6x20sec. holds per session (not freestanding, legs in straps). About a month ago i also got my first real solid back lever (10sec.), and freestanding HS pushups. I´m also very glad i got into this type of training cause im pretty sure it helps my BJJ a lot!

And of course from the mirror looks a whole lot different looking myself nowadays. Lost about 8kg, and my upper body has grown a LOT! And first time my abs are looking really good. Im now 84kg, 175cm and bodyfat is about 10% i think. I also started eating alot healthier way - got rid of almost all the carbs and been eating a lot of protein and fat along with the huge amounts of veggies of course.

I think i owe Coach and U guys here at the forum so much cause his book and this forum really changed my life. I found my love for training again! So thank You guys!

Only thing negative is that i had to get rid of all my shirts to buy new ones cause my delts are like basketball halves nowadays! ;)

Joshua Naterman

Awesome! I have also just gotten my first freestanding HeSPU recently. They are fun!

Troy Rodriguez

Just found out yesterday that I can now do an easy RLL piked from HeS free. That was unexpected...

Also I can now pull myself from prone into free HeS with piked RLL and back down to prone 10 x. No idea what to call this but it seems to work a tons of back muscles. I should record it and see if you guys think it is worth doing the whole movement or not.

Razz

Slow and controlled bwd roll to support from hanging L. :D

Alessandro Mainente

muscle up without false grip, no kip, no swing

Razz

Damn, nice Alex!

Alessandro Mainente
Razz said:
Damn, nice Alex!

thank you...i have to be honest, i saw on the web the video of jordan jovtchev who explains some ways o do some skill, i saw that in every muscle up he use no false grip!!

so i've tried it and i understand that a great part is tecnique and, of course, strength!

with no false grip, i don't have tu pull on the front, but on the side like a wide grip MU, and try to pull more down than your sternum, the transition is the most difficult part for a question of grip!! when you pull at your sternum simply lift up the elbow until you arrive in the low position of bulgarian dip...during this phase roll foward the hands a little bit...

is more a problem of remember eveythings...

if you can do widegrip MU on rings very very slow (at least 15-16 sec) and bar MU with no kip or swing...perform the MU with no grip becomes more simple!

i tried it ONLY 1 time and i did it! trust me!

Sternford

Had some success with tuck planche press handstands (from sitting, to make sure I don't start with my hips above my shoulders), though in progressions I'm still on straight arm frogstand