Post your PRs and best achievements

Started by Razz, July 29, 2010 · 43 Replies · 9,835 Views

Razz

One of the classic threads that I think we need here on the board, post your latest PR or your all time best or whatever achievements you've accomplished that made you happy. Examples could be loosing those 10 kilos or finally getting below 10% bf, getting your free standing HS etc. etc.

Ill start out..did my first straddle-l press HS yesterday :mrgreen:

Joshua Naterman

My handstand progress. People flip out when they see a 220 guy walking easily in a pretty nice, straight handstand, or to be able to hold it for 15-20s perfectly still.

I miss being able to do my front lever, but that will be back by the end of the year. I already have a solit straddle, and my straddle isn't very wide.

I am currently also very happy with my lower back mobility work. I noticed that it 'hurt' to curl and uncurl my lower back, so I've been working on it every morning, and it looks really silly, but after two weeks of every day work it is SIGNIFICANTLY less problematic! This is a big part of what would hold me back on press handstands, along with straddle flexibility, so I am working hard to improve. I'd love to have a standing straddle press by the end of the year.

I guess my final moment, currently, is that my shoulders feel a lot better. I can actually work out again! That's a big deal to me! :P

Marcelo Lara

Nice thread!

I'm getting a very good handstand (with 20 seconds or more).

A nice 15 seconds L-sit (now for the 60 seconds)

Tuck-planche! I finally did it

That's it. :)

Sternford

I can do a muscle up 90% of the times I try it. There's a lot of forward lean I think, but I'm happy. My splits are almost complete, too

Troy Rodriguez

I got a FS HS for 20 seconds stable with no movement and it felt easy yesterday. Straight line with toes pointed! Hadn't tried in two weeks and was shocked. (had to show a student of mine what I meant)

Still in rehab mode as prescribed by Slizz so haven't done anything else. :?

Can't wait to try more stuff later though!

Erik Sjolin

Let's see...approx. 1 min straight handstand (took me a bloody long time to do it, too), breaking through to a straddled back lever (5x20 sec), and today, my first muscle up (started from the top of a pull up position, but I think it counts).

Nice and slow, and then ran around in slow motion humming the Rocky music to myself.

My neighbours now think I'm insane. :D

Richard Duelley

This is the most recent:

When I did my first strict bar muscle up a few weeks ago I jumped up and down yelling ‘YES, YES , FINALLY!!’ I got some funny looks by the randoms in the gym that day but that happens a lot to me so I don’t care 8) That was over a year, maybe 2, in the making lol :mrgreen: I basically have wanted that since I have known about it. I did 3, not in a row, on Tuesday so its getting better in exactly the same fashion as my ring muscle up did. Before I know it I will be doing sets of 2 and then sets of 3 and then its off to the races!

Gregor

double straight with 900° for a dismount (lost in space :mrgreen: )

15sec hold maltese with 1,5 kg belt

10 strict MU at the year of 10

won a world cup :mrgreen:

EDITED

Guest

Gregor, don't forget to mention your gold medal!

Marcelo Lara
Gregor said:
double straight with 900° for a dismount (lost in space :mrgreen: )

15sec hold maltese with 1,5 kg belt

10 strict MU at the year of 10

Oh my god

Joshua Naterman
biomieg said:
Gregor, don't forget to mention your gold medal!

:lol:

Gregor

hahaha, I've corrected :lol:

John Sapinoso

at 175lbs, I did my first half bodyweight cuban press the other day!

Razz

That's quite an achievement actually Tsoonami :P

JL
Gregor said:
double straight with 900° for a dismount (lost in space :mrgreen: )

15sec hold maltese with 1,5 kg belt

10 strict MU at the year of 10

won a world cup :mrgreen:

EDITED

LOL I love reading your comparative abilities.

Alessandro Mainente

wide grip muscle up with 8 kg belts...

muscle up to iron cross..

flare circle flare...

John Sapinoso
Razz said:
That's quite an achievement actually Tsoonami :P

Thanks, and now to get it for reps. . .

Newguy

My first unassisted HS on p-bars yesterday!!!

On a side note I can do 3 muscle ups in a row :P (cmon Gregor it is a record for me...[talking to self]yeah yeah yeah, the back uprise to inverted cross, planche, maltese, are "simple" & it is easier for you to do a back roll to maltese, then pike press from cross to inverted cross yeah yeah yeah... :roll: ...[end talking to self]

yuri marmerstein

things i am somewhat proud of:

full planche on rings for 5+ seconds

straddle planche for 15 seconds(at one point, a bit weaker now)

15 second one arm handstand on right arm(left is far behind)

human flag both sides

Razz

Dude full rings planche?! MAN I''m jealous!

John Sapinoso

yuri, you have a strong frikken planche

yuri marmerstein

thanks, i've worked on it on and off for a quite a while

it's gotten weaker after my wrist injury but I can bring it back

John Sapinoso

any chance you can post a pic of your rings full planche?

yuri marmerstein

at 0:23

not the prettiest, need to extend shoulders more, but I take what I can get

Newguy

:D:D:D I was just playing around on the rings. And I discovered that I can do a full lay shoulder-stand!!!! I am pumped!!!

The guy who is doubting his newness right now :P