Did anyone first start with this version of the FS

Started by Enchiridion, July 22, 2010 · 4 Replies · 2,275 Views

Enchiridion

I just wanted to know if anyone first started with this version of the frog stand:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOdIsHxW7Kc

Or if everyone must first start with the one with your legs by your sides like in the article here?

I ask because I just can't do the one in the video (well actually, I just started training again after being sick, it's not the first time I do fs, so maybe I will be able to shortly), and I just wanted to know if everyone must first pass through the other version before doing this one, or if there are some who start with this one right off the bat.

Thanks.

Julekman

The man on the video work obviously on advanced frog stand but the form is not proper, because as far as I know the arms must be completely straight, and he bending elbows. If you are not strong enough for that exercise with proper form, go back to frog stand and master it, then go to progression further. At the beginning the pressure on elbows that comes from the knees is painful, but soon that pass.

Enchiridion
Lekman said:
The man on the video work obviously on advanced frog stand but the form is not proper, because as far as I know the arms must be completely straight, and he bending elbows. If you are not strong enough for that exercise with proper form, go back to frog stand and master it, then go to progression further. At the beginning the pressure on elbows that comes from the knees is painful, but soon that pass.

So the one in the video, is actually an advanced frog stand? You don't start with that one?

And also, is it necessary to pass through that variation? Or once you have the frog stand down, can you move to the tuck?

Cole Dano

Its advanced frog stand when you can straighten your arms. The exact placement of the knees in 'regular' frog stand isn't that big of a deal, some are more comfortable with the photo you show, its ok to start with too.

Enchiridion
Mr Brady said:
Its advanced frog stand when you can straighten your arms. The exact placement of the knees in 'regular' frog stand isn't that big of a deal, some are more comfortable with the photo you show, its ok to start with too.

So that one there is the "advanced" frog stand. Yeah I didn't think it was a basic position because it felt too hard and I couldn't do it (not saying that just because I couldn't do it that it must be an advanced thing).