Homemade Handstand and Floorwork Bench

Started by Cole Dano, July 18, 2010 · 5 Replies · 7,555 Views

Cole Dano

Here is a beginners handstanding bench i made with adjustable spacing for the blocks which go wide enough to also practice l-sits etc. I will also use this for some push-up work etc as holding on to something helps the shoulder action immensely.

(Sorry for the poor photo quality, cell phone cameras aren't the best.)

Troy Rodriguez

Nice piece of equipment! What did you use for the side legs? Looks like maybe two plywood cuts together?

Cole Dano

Yes its two 12mm pieces glued together. In fact the whole thing is made from plywood even the hand blocks. I put three layers and drilled a hole in the bottom two for the carriage bolt.

It seems to work ok so far.

Coach Sommer

Nicely done. I especially like how the two supports can easily adjust to a customized width.

Yours in Fitness,

Coach Sommer

Troy Rodriguez

Excellent! I was just looking at it wondering how you got the bolts in there. Very nice indeed. I have just the spare wood to make one too! I can add this to the 24" Wooden electrical wire spool that I got from Lowes yesterday.

Time to make a mushroom and a handstand/l-sit bench! Thanks for the great idea! :lol:

Cole Dano

Wow thanks for the positive comments.

I've only been using it a few days, but really like it,, hope you do too taenkarth if you manage to build it. Let me know how it goes with making your own.

Now that i've been using it a while , i might have added one more layer of height to the blocks so my little finger wouldn't hit the support, not a big deal though. If you have any questions about how to make it feel free to ask here or via PM.