Quick question on some gymnastic terms

Started by CalisthenicGod, July 8, 2010 · 2 Replies · 1,989 Views

CalisthenicGod

Hello!

I have read a few threads being posted, and there are a few terms I do not understand, terms such as:

-Hollow Body

-90/90, and like 4 x 20 100/100, I do not understand the number/number, is it some sort of rest time?

Answers will be appreciated!

Best Regards

Blairbob

A hollow body is a fundamental position in gymnastics. A body lever is an inverted hollow position. http://drillsandskills.com/images/display?path=hollow.jpg The lower back should be pressed flat into the floor so there is no arch or space between the lower back and the floor. I check the gymnasts by trying to stick my fingers underneath.

"90-90," I think was describing the advanced flat tuck front lever position where the hips and knees are at angles of 90 degrees.

4x20 probably meant 4 repetitions of 20s.

No idea what 100/100 referenced to. Myabe 100% of effort and max?

CalisthenicGod
Blairbob said:
A hollow body is a fundamental position in gymnastics. A body lever is an inverted hollow position. http://drillsandskills.com/images/display?path=hollow.jpg The lower back should be pressed flat into the floor so there is no arch or space between the lower back and the floor. I check the gymnasts by trying to stick my fingers underneath.

"90-90," I think was describing the advanced flat tuck front lever position where the hips and knees are at angles of 90 degrees.

4x20 probably meant 4 repetitions of 20s.

No idea what 100/100 referenced to. Myabe 100% of effort and max?

Thanks Blairbob!