This forum is archived information and is no longer active.

HBP PE13

Started by Reilly Herbst, December 23, 2024 · 44 Replies · 362 Views

Reilly Herbst

How does this look? A little wobbly I need to work on that. Would it be wise to start rings 1? Or should I wait until after foundation 4?

 

@Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente
On 12/23/2024 at 7:07 PM, Reilly Herbst said:

How does this look? A little wobbly I need to work on that. Would it be wise to start rings 1? Or should I wait until after foundation 4?

 

@Alessandro Mainente

Probably i would use then as accessory work with higher reps in order to condition the chest!

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

testing for mastery

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

testing for mastery

is this bulgarian rings dip? if yes you are doing them like a normal dip, think them like a sort of iron cross pullout...

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente 

no, these are the regular dips!

Alessandro Mainente
21 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente 

no, these are the regular dips!

ok, then the hands are too wide...the upper arms should move along the upper body....not to the side...

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

How does this look?

Alessandro Mainente
40 minutes ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

How does this look?

hey Reilly, you can notice couple of compensations...the first is the hads moving away from the upper body and second the elbows flaring out.

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

does this look any better? I’m not sure why I’m struggling so much on this exercise  

Alessandro Mainente
18 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

does this look any better? I’m not sure why I’m struggling so much on this exercise  

think about pulling the lbwos together whne they reach bhind the upper body.

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Does this look better

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Just making sure you see this

Alessandro Mainente

Perfect!

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Testing for mastery 

Alessandro Mainente
15 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Testing for mastery 

strie to hold the tings parallel when you ebgin the reps...no necessity to hold them turned in!

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

How does this look?

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

How does this look?

strivbe to keep the forearms vertical as much as you can, you turn them out due to lack of strength in the chest, have you ever considered to do some benchpress?

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

how would you suggest I incorporate bench press in my training? Reps, sets, how many times a week? And dumbbell or barbell? Elevated or normal?  

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

Does this look any better? Im trying to keep the forearms vertical.

Alessandro Mainente
3 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

@Alessandro Mainente

Does this look any better? Im trying to keep the forearms vertical.

I understand that it is not easy, are you performing them once a week?

for the benchpress 3 set of 10-12 rep twice a week. one flat with dubmbell and one 30° inclined.

Reilly Herbst

I’m training rings dips twice per week! Is that a good amount of volume?

@Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente
23 hours ago, Reilly Herbst said:

I’m training rings dips twice per week! Is that a good amount of volume?

@Alessandro Mainente

Probably i would add 5-6 sets of triceps pushdown and also i would substitute one of the 2 days of dips with slow execution maybe with some assistance where you focus on pulling the elbows inside.

Reilly Herbst

I dropped down to 5x1 and slowly building back up. I'm trying to work on elbows in!

@Alessandro Mainente

Alessandro Mainente
On 6/11/2025 at 2:31 PM, Reilly Herbst said:

I dropped down to 5x1 and slowly building back up. I'm trying to work on elbows in!

@Alessandro Mainente

Better, i think that you should have generally more focus on the positive part, the eccentrich is better.

Reilly Herbst

@Alessandro Mainente

How does this look?