Having trouble with chest rolls

Started by MarineMotivatedMe, July 2, 2010 · 6 Replies · 2,398 Views

MarineMotivatedMe

ive been trying chest rolls to handstands and well...i dont mean to sound awkward or anything .... but my form must be wrong because when i go forward on the chest roll i always end up hurting my crotch area....could someone plz help me with my form on this?

Blairbob

One of the dangers of chest rolls and arch body rocks.

Wear a cup, females will have problems as well with this movement.

Erik Sjolin

Ooh man, I know that feeling :shock: I've found that I've had to actively go somewhere to "adjust" things before I attempted them. After a while, I got to the point where I was already pressing before I guillotined myself with my pelvis, and it didn't hurt anymore.

MarineMotivatedMe

thanks for your replys and advise. ill try those out. thanks

Nick Van Bockxmeer

XKFWE1xt_x0

this springs to mind. just try and get yourself into a good 'position' before you start. then hope for the best.

Blairbob

Most of these rebounds from a prone fall absorb a lot with the chest area. Honestly, you get used to it after awhile so long as you don't crunch anything to bad and have too much pressure on it.

If anything, just make sure you have more layers of clothing. If you are wearing very thin gym shorts and briefs, well that isn't as much padding as boxers and thicker shorts. Swimming trunks or board shorts won't help very much.

And of course a jock strap or cup will provide more padding and support as will a sports bra for the ladies. Support is good.

Nic Scheelings

Haha I have done that before!

I think the way to avoid it is to make sure u start pressing straight away after u roll on your chest, that way ur nether regions are off the ground nice and early and no squishing occurs. Takes a bit of practice but u'll learn quick if u value ur future children :D