About to start new SSC and have some doubts

Started by Adriano Katkic, July 2, 2010 · 1 Replies · 1,873 Views

Adriano Katkic

So, as I explained in my log, my end SSC test results are:

floor L-sit - 25s

flat tuck BL - 30s

tuck planche - 24s

tuck FL - 24s

wall handstand - 65s

Was thinking about trying harder variations, but after thinking a while, I think I'll go for longer holds with these.

So, should I do half max time 'till 1 minute of accumulated work again or aim for long holds? I know Slizz wrote about that somewhere around here like day or two ago, but can't find it lol!

Also, I lack the idea how to structure my handstand practice. Can balance like second or two when trying free handstand. Seems so hard. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Blairbob

I would do Handstand practice right after your warmup or as part of it.

Besides working the wall HS and free balancing off the wall, you simply need to put in the reps of kicking from a lunge into HS. 5-10 sets of 3-5 reps is doable with short rest in between. You will have to figure out how much volume you can attempt.

Slizzardmen prefers building up to long static holds for the statics of 30s at least. I would still work on building up your Wall HS till a longer duration.