I’m a total noob in this, a lot of years ago i used to breakdance but i broke my body doing it. Got tired of the fitness gym(trained (HST) a kind of PTTP, did'nt eat enough) a year ago.
So I bought some rings a couple of months ago because I saw Yuri Van Gelder in the rings on youtube, and also some dude making planches on the floor(AWSOME!!!).
Totally destroyed my body in 2 weeks! Inflammations all along ulna(old break dance damage from doing flairs came back in a flash!) and some ligament damage on the inner side of my right elbow!(golf elbow?)...
Long break with dumbbell training my forearms 6-8 reps. and doing much better, elbow back to normal.
An old break dance buddy of mine gave me BTGB 3 days ago and I totally devoured it in two days!(and a lot of the stickys and linked artikles) Awesome stuff!!! Still think program design(bottom of post) aint easy.
But first I needed some numbers, so I TOTTALY crushed my body today finding them!! and here is the fruit of my hard HARD work!! (for real, it's hours ago and I STILL feel all weak and stomped upon!! by a big man.. in military boots!!!)
Push FSP's:
BL-FT.-XR: 10 sec.
Straddle L-XR: 10-15 sec.
Straddle L-FX: 30-40 sec.
All 3 totally CHRUSHED my core!! last 2 also my hip flexors!, and I have short hamstrings so have to bend my knees a bit.
PL-FT: 5-8 sec. (killing WRISTS!! might provoke inflammation along ulna)
I’d like a bit more chest so I thought about doing 'pseudo Maltese hold with support' but with my arms at a right angle with my torso, eccentric going down and holding it static(slightly bent arms).
Push FBE's:
PPP-XR plus: 3-5 reps.
PMP-XR: 2-3 reps.
DIPS-XR-bulg.: 1-3 reps.
have trouble in the stand if have to have thumbs out, afraid to stretch my arms totally, coz they kind of can bend a bit more then 'just' straight, if I keep thumbs pointing forward I can do 6-8 reps. clean.
HeSPU-elev: 6-9 reps.
HSPU-XR-straps: 1-1,5 rep. (one word, the F word!!)
Pull FSP's:
L-sit- XR: 30 sec. (leaning a bit back or spreading my arms a bit)
MSH: 3 sec. (F word!!)
both are REALLY hard on my hip flexors!
FL-FT-XR: 20 sec.
all 3 crush my core!!
one arm hang-L 10-25 sec. (left twice as strong, and only able in L)
Pull FBE's:
FLR-FT-XR: 5 reps.
PU-XR-bulg. 12 reps.
PU-XR-bulg.-L: 6 reps.
OAC-assist.-XR: 2-3 reps. (hard to say, i use my pinky on the helping hand)
Core:
L-sit-lift: 8-10 reps.
V-ups-lift: 3-5 reps.
HLL-XR: 12-14 reps. (dragon flaps?)
Delts.:
For abduction and transvers abduction:
INV.-hang-bulg.: 6 reps. (IH-bulg.)
INV.-pike-bulg.: 6 reps. (IP-bulg.)
I have for now chosen to neglect MPPU MPPR and CPP though I’d REALLY like to do them I due time, look AWSOME! can't make the transition in any form of muscle ups! cant get the wrist grip right.
2 days training push/pull, 1 day of, 2 different push/pull trainings for variation and all training days starting with 2 forearm and 2 shoulder warm up sets(bumbbell abduction and transvers abduction with lateral rotation) and finishing training with 2 hamstring and 2 split, 30 sec. stretching sessions.
Push day warm up:
3 sets, HeSPU no elevation when I get down to the bottom I let the shoulders go in front of wrists lower my chest to almost touch the ground and push up again, 12,10,8 reps., I keep a wide stand to let it be a bit more pectoral(here i also practice handstand balance).
Pull day warm up:
3 sets. PU-XR-bulg. 12,10,8 reps., might narrow the elbows in a bit in the last set.
day 1:
FSP's:
BL-XR 10 x 6 sec.
STAD.L-XR 10 x 6 sec.
FBE's:
dips 3-5 x 3-5
PPP-XR-(plus) 3-5 x 3-5
day 2:
FSP's:
one arm L hang 10 x 6 sec.
L-sit-XP(advanced) 10 x 6 sec.
FBE's:
OAC ass. 2 x 3-5 (2 sets only)
PU-XR-bulg 3-5 x 3-5 (perhaps with a bit of hanging on top with trapz tight)
IH-bulg 3 x 3-5
IP-bulg 3 x 3-5 (high emphasis on delts!)
day 3:
FSP's:
Pseudo Maltese fly hold 10 x 6
PL-tuck 10 x 6
FBE's
PMP-XR 3-5 x 3-5
HeSPU elev. 3-5 x 3-5
Day 4:
FSP's:
FL-XP 10 x 6 sec.
L-sit-XP(arms out) 10 x 6 sec.
FBE's:
OAC ass. 2 x 3-5
FLR 3-5 x 3-5
IH-bulg 3 x 3-5
IP-bulg 3 x 3-5
Steady state, with FBE's 3 x 3 to start with(where is the under load part here?), ill stick to it for 8 weeks, take a week long break and see where im at, and no leg work.
Any progression with embedded, ladders, pyramids and reverse, blended sets, ill wait with till I know better how my body responds and I get more 'academic' knowledge, so have to read some more ![]()
Hope some of you have at bit of wisdom for me
really awesome being back doing something physical that requires skill and not all gym...
Cheers ![]()