How to Incorporate Rings 1 Into Training Routine

Started by Jeremy Hay, July 19, 2024 · 3 Replies · 1,811 Views

Jeremy Hay

Hello, all. Anybody have some tips on how to incorporate Rings 1 into one's routine working through Foundation? For example, I think I read somewhere once by coach Sommer that eventually foundation work would be the "warm-up" to rings. The point being that with a limited amount of time to train in a week, how could or should one prioritize Rings work in relation to Foundation, so as not to have to train for 3 hours a day.

Alessandro Mainente
8 minutes ago, Jeremy Hay said:

Hello, all. Anybody have some tips on how to incorporate Rings 1 into one's routine working through Foundation? For example, I think I read somewhere once by coach Sommer that eventually foundation work would be the "warm-up" to rings. The point being that with a limited amount of time to train in a week, how could or should one prioritize Rings work in relation to Foundation, so as not to have to train for 3 hours a day.

Hi Jeremy, have you already completed foundations 2?

Jeremy Hay

I have in the past, yes. It's been a few years since I have done strictly the Foundations programs as I have in the past, but my basic bodyweight strength has been maintained well. I am certain that I could still complete level 2 of HBP and RC.

Alessandro Mainente
22 hours ago, Jeremy Hay said:

I have in the past, yes. It's been a few years since I have done strictly the Foundations programs as I have in the past, but my basic bodyweight strength has been maintained well. I am certain that I could still complete level 2 of HBP and RC.

IN the case of already completed foundations 2 you can add 1 day x week with rings one. then if you advance in the conditionig program of foundations 3 and 4 you can hold more volume especially due to stronger joints.