Hi Alessandro
Are you able to give me pointers on this first attempt please?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa3E2YnQYRpteoIBlG?e=pgtUkm
Thanks
Barry
This forum is archived information and is no longer active.
Started by Barry Thorn, June 24, 2024 · 40 Replies · 217 Views
Hi Alessandro
Are you able to give me pointers on this first attempt please?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa3E2YnQYRpteoIBlG?e=pgtUkm
Thanks
Barry
8 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro
Are you able to give me pointers on this first attempt please?
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa3E2YnQYRpteoIBlG?e=pgtUkm
Thanks
Barry
Hey barry, this is a good point from where to start, now you must feet some keypoints:
- heels together
- elbows locked out all the time.
Got it. Thanks for the feedback.
Hi Alessandro - I tried focusing on fully locking out the elbows as advised and notice that getting to the required lean in this form puts quite an extreme stress on the tendons in the pads of my thumbs.
My assumption is to focus on locked elbows and only go as far as I can tolerate and work up to 5×30secs with this position - and then go back to the beginning with more lean and go again?
Thanks Barry
On 6/29/2024 at 5:45 PM, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro - I tried focusing on fully locking out the elbows as advised and notice that getting to the required lean in this form puts quite an extreme stress on the tendons in the pads of my thumbs.
My assumption is to focus on locked elbows and only go as far as I can tolerate and work up to 5×30secs with this position - and then go back to the beginning with more lean and go again?
Thanks Barry
it makes sense....higher second for tendon adaptation. keep in mind that sometime writs are motherfxxxxerz....i mean...no matter the conditioning, bones are bones...mine are damn bad writs so i moved to parallel bars...
Haha. I can see that ! I'll try this and look to use bars things don't improve. Thanks.
I've tried this with locked elbows on the parallettes and can see the load transfer immediately to my elbow joints. Is this on the right track? ~Thanks.
2 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:I've tried this with locked elbows on the parallettes and can see the load transfer immediately to my elbow joints. Is this on the right track? ~Thanks.
Hey Barry the most important detail is that hands ad feet should have the same height. in your video hands are higher.
Ok thanks. I've tried adjusting. How does this look? Thanks
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa3F5eT1BTIj9EvvOb
18 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Ok thanks. I've tried adjusting. How does this look? Thanks
https://1drv.ms/v/s!ArEIvp8sRRKa3F5eT1BTIj9EvvOb
nice....now stay on the instep...
Perfect. Thanks.
Hi Alessandro
I am extending the time out slightly on this. How is this looking? Thanks.
https://1drv.ms/v/c/9a12452c9fbe08b1/EbZtXWF3c7FHpWbmyP0SdYwBMUYsZBFu9HMTYq0gNHtDIw?e=U8ztyf
On 8/3/2024 at 7:38 AM, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro
I am extending the time out slightly on this. How is this looking? Thanks.
https://1drv.ms/v/c/9a12452c9fbe08b1/EbZtXWF3c7FHpWbmyP0SdYwBMUYsZBFu9HMTYq0gNHtDIw?e=U8ztyf
there are some changes in the alignment and a loss of protraction at the end, i suggest to reduce the amountof lean and build up to 30 second hold with less lean.
Ok thanks Alessandro. Makes sense.
Hi Alessandro
How is this looking currently please?
https://1drv.ms/v/c/9a12452c9fbe08b1/ESfmUrJ0N2JLuua3iXYjC-YBB2iHkmiB7AKnC1BELQ_M4g?e=GnYgnV
Thanks
1 hour ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro
How is this looking currently please?
https://1drv.ms/v/c/9a12452c9fbe08b1/ESfmUrJ0N2JLuua3iXYjC-YBB2iHkmiB7AKnC1BELQ_M4g?e=GnYgnV
Thanks
hey barry, probably i would stop the hold at 20'' due to the loos of protraction.
OK thanks Alessandro. I'll keep with the shorter hold.
Hi @Alessandro Mainente - are you able to give some feedback on how this is now progressing. I seem to be a bit stuck.
https://1drv.ms/v/c/9a12452c9fbe08b1/EWHm8ZWA2x9Bg9ryB9wpz5UBgNWhqyywzN32UZZaNrEzsg?e=9Z2JZI
Thanks
Barry
21 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:Hi @Alessandro Mainente - are you able to give some feedback on how this is now progressing. I seem to be a bit stuck.
https://1drv.ms/v/c/9a12452c9fbe08b1/EWHm8ZWA2x9Bg9ryB9wpz5UBgNWhqyywzN32UZZaNrEzsg?e=9Z2JZI
Thanks
Barry
that's very good...i think that once you've built up to 5x30'' you can increase the lean and begin the work back again...cycling this variation more times is very useful for both forearms and shoulder conditioing.
Thanks Alessandro. I'm amazed at how slow progress is on this but can feel the incremental improvement and also carry over of strength gains.
Will proceed accordingly.
Hi Alessandro
Could I please get your view on this:
https://1drv.ms/v/c/9a12452c9fbe08b1/EXjmLR764aBMiJ2Q19niGeQBY_MHMcENRY-nSudsD3qTuA?e=6lCk3i
Thanks
Barry
Hi @Alessandro Mainente - were you able to give your view on the above please?
Thanks
On 12/6/2024 at 1:52 PM, Barry Thorn said:Hi Alessandro
Could I please get your view on this:
https://1drv.ms/v/c/9a12452c9fbe08b1/EXjmLR764aBMiJ2Q19niGeQBY_MHMcENRY-nSudsD3qTuA?e=6lCk3i
Thanks
Barry
hey Barry, strive to relax your feet...look at how you put the weigth on the instep....less at the beginning of the hold..more later at the end..
OK thanks @Alessandro Mainente - are protraction and lean, etc ok?
2 hours ago, Barry Thorn said:OK thanks @Alessandro Mainente - are protraction and lean, etc ok?
lean for now is ok...i would not increase it until you can reach 30'' with this distance...