Greetings everyone!
My account got recently activated and I am glad to say I can finally contribute to the forums! I would like to say hi to all members and the coach!
I have two questions that I have my mind on recently, and I am hoping either Coach or some of the more experienced members may answer them:
1. I've recently started working on the Back Lever. I've discovered going from an inverted hang with a suspinated grip to a tucked back lever is A LOT more comfortable than simply grabbing the bar with my hands behind me and going directly into the Back lever (feels like my shoulders and arms are getting ripped off). Basically my question is that if it's more effective jumping straight to the back lever or to go from an inverted hang first.
2. Another back lever question that is bothering me is: suspinated and pronated grip. I read the article on BeastSkills and the author shows the back lever in a suspinated grip, while in the Coach's book, he recommends a pronated grip. Which one should I do? Also when referring to the grip, if I am to get into a pronated grip back lever, would my inverted hang be a suspinated grip? (sorry for making it sound confusing!)
3. I've read the book "Convict Conditioning" and the author stresses how important the Back Bridge is. I personally prefer not to incorporate the back bridge in my main training routine, but rather as a type of stretch at the end. I'm wondering if working on the planche, front lever and back lever is enough work for the back. I would much appreciate Coach's opinion on the important of bridging and if it is necessary or not.
Thanks for reading and I'm hoping for answers! Again nice to meet everyone!